As companies struggle with dropping oil prices, private equity firms look at the oil and gas sector with renewed interest as the industry continues to transform.
Private equity investment in oil and gas
US oil and gas reserves study 2016
Enhancing talent in oil and gas
Are you ready for the futures
Capital raising sales to drive M&A in oil and gas
Global oil and gas transactions review 2015
Driving operational performance in oil and gas
Joint ventures for oil and gas megaprojects
Private equity: not afraid of low oil prices
Oil & Gas
Fueling your future in a global economy
With rising global energy demand and high activity on the Norwegian Continental Shelf, the oil and gas industry has a wide range of challenges and opportunities across the upstream, midstream, downstream and oilfield services sectors. We help oil and gas companies (pdf, 2mb) , and oilfield service companies, to navigate through the changing regulatory environment, manage risks and optimize performance.
To help seize new opportunities, our 9,200 oil and gas professionals – whereof 200 people in Norway - provide guidance on key industry issues, such as:
- Competing and managing risk in oil and gas
While risk continues to dominate the energy landscape, competition is also becoming a dominate feature. We help oil and gas companies, as well as oilfield companies, understand their business risks and develop plans to manage or capitalize on them.
Our professionals understand business operations and use their knowledge to support clients in defining and developing their strategies and risk mitigation techniques.
- Fueling the next generation
- Oil and gas cybersecurity: time for a seismic shift?
- Navigating geopolitics in oil and gas
- US oil and gas reserves study 2014
- Competing in the global LNG market
- Getting ready for UK shale gas
- Managing bribery and corruption risks in the oil and gas industry
- Authorized access: uncovering insider threats within oil and gas companies
- Global oil and gas reserves study
- Business pulse: oil and gas
- Navigating M&A and investment decisions
Players in the capital-intensive oil and gas industry began partnering more vigorously – where the agreed operating model and the transparent regulatory and contractual regime on the Norwegian Continental Shjelf (NCS) stands out in a potitive way compared with other oil regions. The past two years have seen a significant ramp-up in oil companies’ planned investments in unconventional oil and gas plays, with a marked increase in joint ventures and acquisitions. In Norway we have experienced an increase in the forcasted capital expenditures every quarter the last few years and with expectations to a stable, high spending level the coming years.
Need to make better and more informed decisions about how to strategically manage capital and implement transactions in a changing world? Let us help.
- Cost reduction and process optimization
Oil and gas companies have seen significant increases in drilling, service, production and operating costs over the past decade. More complex operations generally mean more costly operations.
The most common initiatives for companies were to optimize processes and embed controls. Typically, companies in the oil and gas sector seeking to contain costs will focus heavily on third-party spend, headcount, shared services, IT efficiencies and outsourcing.
- New and emerging market growth
The rise of emerging markets gives the oil and gas industry a new business perspective. Challenges and opportunities exist in a growing economy, evolving government regulations and increasing competition.
Whether you have a tight focus on the BRIC countries or want to see the full range of emerging market growth, we provide a global industry perspective.
- Oil and gas in emerging markets: finding a new way forward
- Creating shared value in Africa
- African oil and gas: driving sustainable growth
- EY's Africa: Oil & Gas capabilities
- Oilfield services in Asia: Emergence of a new business model
- Mexico: making the most of the energy reform
- Russia’s downstream sector: sights set on modernization
- Monitoring regulatory changes
The top driver of regulatory risks, as reported by oil and gas companies in our global multi-sector survey, is the sector-specific regulatory pressures. In many countries, regulatory and fiscal frameworks are uncertain.
Our accounting and tax compliance services are focused on helping large, multinational companies meet their financial reporting requirements in the many countries where they do business.
- Oil & Gas Alert: US Energy taxation
- Forecasting the US energy landscape
- Grasping the thistle: adding energy to the debate
- FIRPTA investement guide: For foreign investments in certain US oil and gas assets
- Kazakhstan oil and gas tax guide 2014
- New challenges, new directions: Financial accounting advisory services for the oil and gas sector
- UK shale gas
Nordic industry leader Oil, Gas & Energy
+47 928 02 095
Connect with us
Stay connected with us through social media, email alerts or webcasts. Or download our EY Insights app for mobile devices.
Se vårt nordiske webcast (On Demand) hvor vi gir en oppdatering på MiFID II og de utfordringer commodity traders står overfor før reglene trer i kraft i januar 2018.
Read our in-depth study of the situation and development of the oilfield service industry in Norway based on actual performance.