EY Business Journalism Awards
The general, over-arching criteria will be writing style, rigour of research, and enterprise and courage in reporting.
Specific criteria will include:
- Significance/public impact/social benefit of story
- Originality and creativity (eg, unique angles)
- Depth and breadth (eg, rigour and volume of research and investigative effort)
- Context and background
- Fairness and balance
- Comprehensive and relevance of sources
- Logic and analysis
- Answers readers’ questions
- Transparency of methodology
- Exposure of a secret or wrongdoing?
- Fact-gathering beyond the routine?
- Language (precision, clarity, elegance)
- Style/tone/mood appropriate to content
- Compelling intro
- Effective quotes and examples
- Well-structured narrative
- Reader interest
- Overall impression
Click here to download the 2016 Business Journalism Awards entry form
Once completed, you’ll be requested to email this to us along with a copy of your story.
A separate form must be filled out for each entry.