About the Darden alumni programme
The Executive Programme Alumni exists to help keep alumni in touch with each other, to inform you of alumni news and events, and to promote the leadership and management development of New Zealand businesspeople, proudly supported by EY.
March alumni seminar, Taupo
Friday 6 to Sunday 8 March, 2015
Topic: Cutting through the clutter: why business must engage with policy people
Successful businesses consider their economic, environmental and social impact. We address the question of how best to engage with the government and whether to adopt a reactive, interactive or proactive approach to public policy. Understanding how the government affects a business’s operations and long term profitability is critical to long-term success.
In this thought-provoking seminar, led by Darden Business School Faculty, with high-profile commentators from both sides of the fence, we will look at the relationships between business, public policy groups and the government and what can be done to ensure businesses actively participate in public policy in a proactive way. Other speakers to be announced.In this thought-provoking seminar, led by Darden Business School Faculty, with high-profile commentators from both sides of the fence, we will look at the relationships between business, public policy groups and the government and what can be done to ensure businesses actively participate in public policy in a proactive way. Other speakers to be announced.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interesting in attending. Cost: $1750, includes accommodation and meals. Partners: additional $250 plus GST.
11 November - Auckland
12 November - Wellington
The US and global outlook: Games, Super Games and future threats - Professor Alan Beckenstein
- Have the policies used in emergency triage (economic “Games”) turned into permanent policies (“Super Games”) that dominate the agenda to the detriment of sound long-term growth policies?
- What are the awkward positions of the US, EU, and other advanced economies (including NZ and Australia)?
- Why has the outlook on Emerging Markets turned in the past year?
- Is there a financial bubble in the US? Elsewhere?
- How might geopolitical risk affect the outlook?
Email: email@example.com for queries
We are delighted to offer our Executive Programme alumni the following benefits:
- A tailored seminar programme that promotes professionally rigorous and robust discussions on contemporary New Zealand and international issues, reinforcing the learnings and ways of thinking about leadership introduced in the Executive Programme
- Twice-yearly news updates focussing on what alumni have been doing, reports from alumni seminars, and industry updates sourced from the alumni and EY.
- Invitations to events of interest through EY and our partner organisations
- Offer of Exceptional Magazine, EY's annual magazine showcasing New Zealand's top entrepreneurs plus industry updates. Please contact us to be put on our mailing list.
Staying in touch
Please contact us if you are updating your contact details. So we can keep you informed and updated. We also include news of alumni in the newsletter.
Click here for a list of all previous alumni progamme seminars.