Entrepreneurial Winning Women™
For more information
Contact us if you have any questions or comments about the EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women Programme.
Or see answers to the Frequently Asked Questions below.
- What is the EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women Programme? The New Zealand Entrepreneurial Winning Women programme is an executive leadership programme which identifies and connects a select group of women entrepreneurs with the advisors, resources and insights they need to become market leaders.
- What are the benefits for the female entrepreneurs who are selected? In becoming part of Entrepreneurial Winning Women, you join an elite network of the country’s best entrepreneurial, high-growth companies and participate in a customised programme designed to:
- Expand your knowledge with the latest information, research and executive dialogs on business strategies and practices tailored to high-growth companies
- Identify potential partners, strategic alliances, customers and suppliers as well as prospective sources of private capital among selected venture capital and private equity firms
- Access informal, one-to-one guidance and support
- Strengthen your executive leadership, business skills and identify opportunities to grow and upscale your companies through meetings with senior advisors and seasoned entrepreneurs
- Increase national and regional visibility for yourselves and your companies among corporate executives, investors and the media
- Introduce their companies
- Share their corporate and personal brands
- Position their company with established entrepreneurs, top executives, business advisors and prospective investors who can guide their decision-making and contribute to their success.
- What are the eligibility criteria to nominate for the Entrepreneurial Winning Women programme?
- Woman business owners who are the founder or founding partner of a privately-held company
- The Venture must be less than 10 years old and have a minimum of NZ$1m in sales in the last two years
- The cost for this two day programme is NZ$2,500 (including GST) There are scholarships available so if you want to apply for one or these, or even if you do not meet the qualifying criteria and would still like to attend just tell us why
- What is the deadline for applying or submitting a nomination? The deadline for submitting completed applications is Friday 27 March 2015.
- How can I apply or nominate someone? You may apply or nominate someone online.
- Are application forms kept confidential? Yes. The information on the application form will be used by EY programme management and presenters/mentors in connection with the administration of the programme and to assist participants in developing their business.
- How will the Entrepreneurial Winning Women be selected? The EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women will be selected by EY leaders and key stakeholders from our group of supporters.
Selection criteria: Applicants will be expected to demonstrate qualities needed to take the fullest advantage of this opportunity, including successes to date that exhibit the creativity, tenacity and plan necessary to realise their companies’ full potential and the confidence and conviction to drive toward market leadership.
In addition, Entrepreneurial Winning Women should have the maturity and level of business sophistication needed to interact effectively with potential investors, high-level business advisors and top executives.
- How many participants will be selected? When will they be advised? Participants that are chosen will be advised shortly after the close of application date.
- Why did EY create the Entrepreneurial Winning Women programme? Around the world, women entrepreneurs account for nearly 30% of private enterprises, and women-owned firms start at twice the rate of men in the US. However, women-owned businesses do not typically reach the scale of businesses run by men.
Additionally, from 25 years of experience through Entrepreneur Of The Year, EY has a strong view of entrepreneurial success, and we noticed not enough women were represented at the highest levels of achievement.
We know experienced role models and access to business-building networks are critical for women entrepreneurs and this programme is designed to deliver just that.
Through Entrepreneurial Winning Women, EY identifies a select group of women entrepreneurs with established, successful businesses and clear growth goals.
The programme provides introductions to an influential network of entrepreneurs, corporate leaders, investors and advisors, as well as potential partners, strategic alliances, customers and suppliers, who can help the entrepreneurs think bigger and upscale their companies.
- How is the Entrepreneurial Winning Women Programme different from Entrepreneur Of The Year? Although both recognise successful entrepreneurs, the Entrepreneurial Winning Women programme in New Zealand is not an awards programme. It is an ongoing customised leadership development programme with year-round activities planned to help women entrepreneurs become market leaders and ultimately compete more effectively for Entrepreneur Of The Year honours.