Welcome to Tax Watch
Edition 2: 2014
Welcome to the second edition of Tax Watch for 2014.
In this issue:
- Tax exposure of New Zealanders living overseas may increase
- Land-related lease payments - further changes
- OECD announces some relief to country-by-country reporting
- Christchurch – are your roll-over relief concessions being correctly applied?
- We canvass the tax risk landscape and invite you to health-check your practices
- Tax Watch in brief - IRD’s latest releases, and round up of various developments in tax
Late Thursday afternoon, 15 May, the EY team will report on and analyse the key measures in Bill English’s Budget announcement. Visit our dedicated Budget site for up-to-date commentary.
As an election-year Budget we expect more on the theme of responsible management of the Government’s books. We don’t rule out possible pageant announcements in areas the Government may feel exposed on, but overriding all will be delivery of the promised surplus.
For further information contact your usual EY tax advisor, or any member of our tax team included in this newsletter.
EY Tax Team