On 11 March 2015, Deputy Prime Minister Arkady Dvorkovich led a meeting concerning the introduction of a tax on financial results (TFR) for the oil industry.
Draft Law Concerning a Tax on Financial Results
Russia’s Oil Industry: Setting a Course towards Optimization
Global oil and gas transaction review 2014
MLPs: mastering the limited partnership
“Тax maneuver”: parameters and impact assessment
Global oil and gas reserves study
Oil and Gas: Capital Confidence Barometer
Navigating geopolitics in oil and gas
Mexico: Making the most of the energy reform
Oil & Gas
Fueling your future in a global economy
With rising global energy demand, the oil and gas industry has a wide range of challenges and opportunities across the upstream, midstream, downstream and oilfield services sectors. We help oil and gas companies navigate through the changing regulatory environment, manage risks and optimize performance.
To help seize new opportunities, our 9,200 oil and gas professionals provide guidance on key industry issues, such as:
- Competing and managing risk in oil and gas
While risk continues to dominate the energy landscape, competition is also becoming a dominate feature. We help oil and gas companies understand their business risks and develop plans to manage or capitalize on them.
Our professionals understand business operations and use their knowledge to support clients in defining and developing their strategies and risk mitigation techniques.
- Playing by the local rules: State-owned enterprise success in Canada's oil and gas industry
- US LNG exports driven by demand
- Business pulse: oil and gas
- The Norwegian oil field service analysis 2012
- Review of the UK oilfield services industry in 2012
- Global LNG: New pricing ahead?
- 2012 Global oil and gas reserves study
- Exploring the top 10 opportunities and risks in Canada's oil sands 2012–13
- The evolving world of supplier risk
- Oil and gas cyber security update
- Overcoming the challenges of implementing NOC globalization ambitions
- Eurozone in motion: Oil & gas sector-specific considerations
- Rising to new challenges in the face of global demand: liquefied natural gas in Canada
- Navigating M&A and investment decisions
Players in the capital-intensive oil and gas industry began partnering more vigorously. The past two years have seen a significant ramp-up in oil companies’ planned investments in unconventional oil and gas plays, with a marked increase in joint ventures and acquisitions.
Need to make better and more informed decisions about how to strategically manage capital and implement transactions in a changing world? Let us help.
- Cost reduction and process optimization
Oil and gas companies have seen significant increases in drilling, service, production and operating costs over the past decade. More complex operations generally mean more costly operations.
The most common initiatives for companies were to optimize processes and embed controls. Typically, companies in the oil and gas sector seeking to contain costs will focus heavily on third-party spend, headcount, shared services, IT efficiencies and outsourcing.
- New and emerging market growth
The rise of emerging markets gives the oil and gas industry a new business perspective. Challenges and opportunities exist in a growing economy, evolving government regulations and increasing competition.
Whether you have a tight focus on the BRIC countries or want to see the full range of emerging market growth, we provide a global industry perspective.
- Monitoring regulatory changes
The top driver of regulatory risks, as reported by oil and gas companies in our global multi-sector survey, is the sector-specific regulatory pressures. In many countries, regulatory and fiscal frameworks are uncertain.
Our accounting and tax compliance services are focused on helping large, multinational companies meet their financial reporting requirements in the many countries where they do business.
- Funding challenges in the oil and gas sector
- Financial Reporting Briefs: Oil and Gas - March 2014
- Oil & Gas Alert: US Energy taxation
- Forecasting the US energy landscape
- Mexico tax alert, February 2014
- Grasping the thistle: adding energy to the debate
- Kazakhstan oil and gas tax guide 2014
- New challenges, new directions: Financial accounting advisory services for the oil and gas sector
- UK shale gas
- Oil and gas update: the international dynamics of shale
- Hot Topic: changes in tax and fiscal regimes
- Risk and compliance for global oil and gas companies
- FIRPTA investement guide: For foreign investments in certain US oil and gas assets