Winners of Russia’s Entrepreneur of the Year Award Announced
Moscow, 1 October 2010. The independent jury has selected the list of finalists and the list of nominations of Russia’s Entrepreneur of Year 2010 Award. International contest Entrepreneur Of The Year® Award has been held by Ernst and Young for the past 24 years and is duly viewed as the most prestigious and best known international award for businessmen. It geography encompasses more than 135 cities in 50 countries.
The contest selects and honors entrepreneurs who have made the most valuable contribution to development of different sectors of national economy. Russia joined the International Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 2003 – now winners of the Russian contest take part in the international competition.
This week the independent jury of Russia’s Entrepreneur of the Year 2010 Award also selected the main categories for nomination: Financial Sector, Retail Trade, Industrial Production, Agricultural and Food Production, Consumer Products, Education and Development, Services, Regional Leader and Young Entrepreneur.
The winner of the national competition will represent Russia at the final stage of Entrepreneur of Year international competition to be held in Monte Carlo in the spring of 2011.
The jury has admitted the following participants to the final stage of Russia’s Entrepreneur of the Year 2010:
- Airiyan, Suren Yurievich, President of UNISTREAM commercial bank, Moscow
- Aleksandrovich, Artur Arturovich, Director General of Pristav collection agency
- Akhmerova, Diliara Ramilievna, Director General of Tsentr obuchenia Pilot-Inform professional training center, Astrakhan
- Baikova, Irina Grigorievna, Director of GOU SOSh No. 19 specialized English language school, Saint Petersburg
- Baryshev, Leonid Anatolievich, Director General of Essen Production AG, Samarskaya Oblast
- Birukov, Victor Stepanovich, President of Talina Group, Saransk
- Bykov, Igor Borisovich, Director General of Premium Translation Agency, Moscow
- Galitskiy, Sergei Nikolaevich, Director General of Magnit retail chain, Krasnodar
- Danilenko, Andrei Lvovich, President of Russkie fermy group of companies, Moscow
- Diemina, Raisa Vassilievna, Director General of Miasokombinat Pavlovskaya Sloboda (Velkom) meat-packing plant, Moskovskaya Oblast
- Kats, Yefim Il’ich, Director General of Maria furniture plant, Saratov
- Kogogin, Sergei Anatolievich, Director General of KAMAZ, Naberezhnye Chelny
- Komissarov, Aleksei Gennadievich, Director General of Avtoremontnye sistemy auto-repair company, Moscow
- Lukashov, Igor Konstantinovich, Chairman of the Board of Directors of X-Fit Group, Moscow
- Maksimov, Dmitri Aleksandrovich, Director of Tekhnika zdorovia medical and orthopedic equipment company, Nizhni Novgorod
- Mankovskiy, Vassiliy Vladimirovich, Chairman of the Board of Directors of KOM group of companies, Naberezhnye Chelny
- Maslennikov, Roman Mikhailovich, Director General of PR-agency Prostor: PR & Consulting, Moscow
- Nogotkov, Maksim Yurievich, President of Svyaznoy group of companies, Moscow
- Polgeim, Boris Olegovich, Director General, Aqua Logo group of companies, Moscow
- Rubin, Yuri Borisovich, Rector of the Moscow University of Industry and Finance, Moscow
- Sternin, Igor Yakovlevich, Chairman of the Management Board of Kedr commercial bank, Moscow
- Fiyaksel, Eduard Arkadievich, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Mega-NN group of companies, Nizhni Novgorod
“Russian business is successfully overcoming consequences of the recent economic crisis – new businesses have sprung up which is proven by the list of finalists”, says Alexander Ivlev, head of the Entrepreneur of the Year Program in the CIS and Ernst and Young Managing Partner for Russia. “This year more businessmen from Russia’s regions have made it to the final.”
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 144,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential.
Ernst & Young expands its services and resources in accordance with clients’ needs throughout the CIS. 3,400 professionals work at 16 offices throughout the CIS in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Novosibirsk, Ekaterinburg, Togliatti, Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Almaty, Astana, Atyrau, Baku, Kyiv, Donetsk, Tashkent, Tbilisi, Yerevan, and Minsk.
For more information, please visit www.ey.com.