The IA function that successfully adapts to today’s rapidly changing world will become a trusted advisor to an organization poised for growth. Read our insights.
Evolving your business. Globally.
As the world evolves, so do your business issues. The catalysts vary: from geopolitical events to regulatory reform, from new technologies to emerging markets.
And their impact can be swift and far-reaching. Our approach — grounded in industry-specific experience and committed to delivering measurable, sustainable results — can help you adapt and succeed. Even in an uncertain environment.
We can help you with:
- Change management: move your organization to the next level
In the context of a fast-growing economy and increasing competition, the emergence of new technologies and changes in consumer demand, most organizations face the necessity of significant transformations.
Successful implementation of changes necessitates a comprehensive approach to change management, including an effective project management office (PMO), employee involvement and effective communication of changes to all stakeholders, proactive risk management and a clear knowledge management system.
- Information security in a virtual world
Business is moving into the virtual world as more and more data is transmitted over the internet, and cloud computing, social networking and mobile devices become more prevalent.
Our 14th annual Global Information Security Survey confirms that information security is one of the most important issues facing organizations today.
Overall, we have identified three trends with a significant impact on the role and importance of information security:
- Physical boundaries are disappearing as more business data is transmitted over the internet
- The pace of change continues to accelerate
- Companies are moving from the more traditional outsourcing contracts to cloud service providers
Are you prepared for the risks?
- Managing risk — for opportunities
We know you’re concerned about the risks of regulation and compliance – especially if you’re in banking or health care.
Meanwhile, as market volatility and pricing pressures unsettle the landscape, those forces are stimulating competition and creating opportunities.
To strike that balance between risk and opportunity, our research suggests that many leading firms are developing an overarching strategy that balances both.
Our work with clients reveals that there is a need to re-engineer the risk processes across the business, just as was done with finance, manufacturing, and supply chain processes.
The goal is to get better coverage on the risks that matter.
Learn more about turning risks and opportunities into results.
- Internal audit: enhancing and sustaining business performance
Companies value the role Internal Audit plays. But they are looking for more.
Executives want Internal Audit to not only see what has gone before, but also what comes next. They want Internal Audit to provide insights into strategic initiatives, and to share ideas that improve business performance. And they want it now.
Internal Audit as strategic advisor
As a strategic advisor, Internal Audit can:
- Identify company-wide cost improvements
- Offer recommendations that improve business performance
- Provide key insights that focus on risk
We can help you:
- Assess your Internal Audit function and identify areas of improvement
- Identify opportunities to enhance the strategic value of Internal Audit
- Accelerate improvements through cosourcing
- A clearer vision for finance
An effective Finance function that is best suited to the organization can be a critical factor for growth.
Yet 98% of companies feel there are opportunities to improve their Finance function.
The challenge is in marrying conflicting priorities:
- Driving the business forward
- Protecting the organization’s financial assets
Our research suggests 80% of companies are planning to better align Finance with overall business strategies.
To do that, we see three key priorities for finance which involve striking a balance between control, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Control: promote strong governance and control in the organization.
- Effectiveness: drive the business forward, challenge the business and strengthen decision-making throughout the organization.
- Efficiency: drive costs down, integrate acquired teams.
See more about a clearer vision for Finance:
- Getting information technology right
Information technology functions need to strike a balance between risk and performance.
But reality often falls short of this goal.
That’s because IT’s influence on the business has evolved so quickly that many IT functions are still struggling with how to marry their technical expertise with a new business perspective.
Top IT leaders are now facing broad challenges, including:
- Increasingly complex IT and business operating models
- Cost efficiency and transparency demands
- New regulations and new forms of threat
- Corporate responsibility expectations
Our research suggests that successful firms are focusing on these key issues and formulating their response at the enterprise level.
Learn more about getting IT right:
- Shaping effective supply chains
Responding to a business environment that’s more complex and fluid than ever, many companies are adapting their supply chains in two key ways:
- They’re rapidly expanding to capitalize on the growing number of middle-class buyers in emerging markets.
- They’re driving cost efficiencies to boost margins in their mature market operations.
Our research suggests that either way, seven interconnected items come into play.
In growth markets, considerations include:
- Managing operational, tax and regulatory risk
- Enabling new revenue sources
- Establishing an effective supply chain model and infrastructure
In mature markets, considerations include:
- Reconfiguring the supply chain to create cost competitiveness
- Optimizing global spend
- Improving operational agility and responsiveness
In mature and emerging markets, environmental and sustainability matters emerge.
Connect with us
Stay connected with us through social media, email alerts or webcasts. Or download our EY Insights app for mobile devices.
EY received the “Best international consulting company in Russia – 2013” Award at the V Russian Private Equity Congress.
As the pace of technology evolution accelerates, so do cyber risks. Find out how organizations are addressing current threats – and those on the horizon.