UK Business Centre
- Executive Director Head of UK Business Centre and Senior Advisor for financial institutions and government initiatives in Russia and the CIS, Ernst &Young Moscow
- Stuart joined EY in 2011
- CEO/Chairman in Russia of Citibank, Deltabank, Bank Soyuz, HSBC
- Member of the Supervisory Board of the Independent Directors Association, Chairman of the Finance and Investment Committee of the Association of European Business
- Awarded “Russian Banker of the Year” by Ministry of Finance, Central Bank, Banks Association, Audit Chamber from 2005 to 2009
- Visiting lecturer at Skolkovo School of Management, Higher School of Economics and Finance University under the Government of the Russian Federation.
- Crisis leadership and management changes in banks - acted in a number of roles during 25 years at Citibank to bring its franchise back within corporate norms following failures in the credit process
- Building retail banks in Russia, both foreign (Citibank, HSBC, Deltabank) and Russian (Bank Soyuz)
- Structured finance director at Citibank for five years, covering structuring, underwriting, syndicating and, when necessary, restructuring leveraged senior debt transactions totaling US$11b
- Leading due diligence teams for acquisition or review of strategy. Performed work for Actis (a leading UK equity house) in Mexico, Uganda, Cuba, India. Acted as senior advisor for incoming CEO of Burgan Bank, Kuwait.
- Thirty-six years of banking experience, including 16 as CEO/Chairman of four banks in Russia. Twenty-five years at Citibank with experience in 11 countries spanning both Western (England, Scotland, Greece, France, Norway, Italy, USA) and Emerging Markets (Kenya, Puerto Rico, Russia). Eleven years as senior credit officer
- Corporate finance in UK and European markets in leveraged debt for Citibank
- Lectured at Universities in USA and Russia on a variety of topics covering leadership and multicultural management challenges. Has written numerous articles on the banking industry in Russia, utilizing first-hand knowledge gained during 16 years in the country.