Entrepreneurs create some of the most dynamic and successful companies in the world. That is why EY’s Entrepreneur Of The Year is considered the world’s most prestigious business award - because it goes to the most deserving from among one of the most unique groups of people on the planet. Criteria used by the judges to select the Entrepreneur Of The Year winners are:
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Commitment, vision, calculated risk-taking, capacity for personal growth. Demonstrates perseverance in the face of adversity and to overcoming obstacles. Has tasted significant disappointments and learned from experiences. While he/she relies on trusted individuals and the team, also shows capacity to be an independent thinker and to take risks in the face of uncertainty.
- Financial Performance: Return on equities, revenues, profitability, and growth rate indicating long-term sustainability. This is reflected in the strength of the organization’s financial performance today; the track record in raising finance; the quality of past investments; and the provision in place for long term sustainability.
- Strategic Direction: Creates and turns business visions into business realities. Builds and rebuilds the teams’ commitment to the common goals. Demonstrates entrepreneurial maturity by building strategic alliances and surrounding him/herself with talented people—individuals, teams, the Board, and a range of advisers/allies to ensure success for all.
- Community/Global Impact: Making an impact in terms of job creation and improved living economics in their own community and globally if business has expanded successfully overseas.
- Innovation: Pioneers a new approach or technology. Recognizes business imperative of anticipating and embracing changes occurring in the competitive environment through continuous improvement and innovation in all aspects of the business. Creates a culture of innovation.
- Personal Integrity/Influence: Living their values has earned him/her great respect from staff, competitors, advisers, family and wider community. Coupled with the ability to communicate ideas, this creates the potential to influence others.
To receive additional information on the Entrepreneur Of The Year awards or if you wish to nominate someone who deserves to be recognized for their entrepreneurial vision and achievement, please contact us.