Recent global and Singapore news releases issued by EY.
- Nominations for EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2014™ open
16 April 2014
Now till 16 June 2014, nominate outstanding entrepreneurs who have demonstrated strong entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, sound strategic direction and financial track record, and built successful businesses that have global and/or community impact.
- Global IPO market has strongest first quarter since 2011
26 March 2014
There was a total of 239 deals raising around US$44.3b in Q1’14, continuing the market momentum built up in a strong end to 2013.
- Consumer confidence in global consumer banking industry bounces back
13 March 2014
Confidence in the banking industry is on the rise, trust in individual banks is high and most customers across the globe are satisfied enough to recommend their main banking provider.
- Power and utility deal volume reaches three- year high, with deal values hitting US$125.4b in 2013
12 March 2014
Global power and utility transaction activity shows signs of recovery with deal volumes reaching a three-year high of 398 total deals in 2013, with a value of US$125.4b.
- Fall in global renewable energy investment during 2013 sharpens industry’s focus on innovation and efficiency for 2014
25 February 2014
Despite an 11% dip in global investment in 2013, opportunities in new markets, new technologies and new sources of capital signal brighter times ahead.
- EY’s reactions to Singapore Budget 2014
21 February 2014
EY released its reactions to the Singapore Budget 2014 announcement.
- IFRS updates will continue to challenge reporters
6 February 2014
Following last year’s IASB announcement that convergence between IFRS and US GAAP was no longer to be a primary objective, the outlook for convergence between the two standards is mixed.
- “Innovation at the center” emerges as fundamental for media and entertainment businesses
29 January 2014
EY’s Sustaining digital leadership! study shows that leading media and entertainment (M&E) companies are putting continuous innovation at the center of everything they do.
- Oil and gas M&A outlook remains robust despite a decline in 2013
28 January 2014
Oil and gas M&A activity was significantly lower in 2013 in value and volume, according to EY’s Global oil and gas transactions review.
- Private equity activity expands across Asia-Pacific as market continues to mature
10 January 2014
The private equity market in Asia-Pacific is coming of age and is realizing substantial growth in volume and value terms and market maturity.
- EY’s wish list for Singapore Budget 2014
9 January 2014
EY released its wish list for Singapore Budget 2014.