Recent global and Singapore news releases issued by EY.
- Closer collaboration between policymakers and businesses needed to sustain the ASEAN Economic Community’s progress beyond 2015
24 July 2015
With the majority of the high-priority measures in the AEC blueprint already adopted, policymakers and businesses now need to work closer together to tackle and implement the remaining challenges.
- Singapore-based artist Chankerk presents expressionist depiction of urban landscapes at EY Asean Art Outreach program
15 July 2015
EY opens Contemporary Asian Landscape by Malaysia-born, Singapore-based artist Chankerk at the EY Gallery today. This 19th exhibition of the EY Asean Art Outreach program runs from now to 26 November 2015.
- EY promotes 753 new partners worldwide
2 July 2015
EY today announced the promotion of 753 of its people to partner, its largest increase since 2008 and a 12% increase over 2014.
- Oil and gas needs focused portfolio management to address decade-long decline in return on capital
1 July 2015
Global oil and gas companies must evolve their approach to portfolio management to improve return on capital and remain resilient in today’s increasingly challenging market.
- Global IPO patterns changing as activity moves to private markets and to Asia
26 June 2015
As activity moves to private markets and to Asia, Global IPO activity in the second quarter of 2015 picked up.
- Honoring legacy but continuing to innovate drives family business success
24 June 2015
The world’s most successful family businesses are those that can integrate practicality and innovation, strategy and strong commercial acumen, along with nurturing and caring for the family.
- Global biotech industry continues to sizzle as market capitalization surpasses US$1 trillion
18 June 2015
The global biotechnology industry reached new heights in 2014, setting records on virtually every major financial metric, including revenues, profitability and capital raised.
- Oil price volatility highlights tax structure vulnerabilities of exporting countries
17 June 2015
Exporting countries around the world are reconsidering how they tax the oil and gas industry in the wake of ongoing oil price volatility, according to EY’s Global oil and gas tax guide 2015.
- More strategic mindset needed to accelerate investment in energy storage and address the energy security imperative
16 June 2015
Tapping into the transformative power of storage to meet energy security demands requires a change of mindset to accelerate investment, according to EY’s latest Renewable energy country attractiveness index.
- Businesses must augment tax transparency readiness to mitigate increasing reputation risk
16 June 2015
Tax transparency is becoming the new norm as the OECD, European Commission and national governments demand more data from businesses. However, many companies do not have systems or resources in place to meet the new requirements.
- EY escalates battle against cybercrime with launch of first-of-its-kind managed security operations center
11 June 2015
EY has launched its Managed Security Operations Center services, designed to meet the unique cybersecurity needs of clients by predicting advanced future cyber threats by using advanced analytics.
- Talent shuns unethical business, says EY survey
10 June 2015
Almost 80% of the Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Singapore respondents polled in the EY survey claimed they would be unwilling to work for companies involved in bribery and corruption.
- FDI value jumps despite falling number of investment projects in Africa
2 June 2015
Africa’s share of foreign direct investment projects fell 8.4% in 2014, but remained well above pre-2008 levels. However, foreign direct capital investment into the continent surged to a five-year high.
- Western Europe overtakes China and North America as #1 investment destination with FDI projects at record high
27 May 2015
FDI into Europe hits a new record with US$305b attracted into the region in 2014, translating to a 36% year-on-year growth, despite global growth slowdown.
- Digital agenda is driving closer CFO-CIO collaboration globally and in emerging markets
26 May 2015
The CFO–CIO relationship is becoming closer and more collaborative, with the CFO playing a greater role in four vital IT-related activities.
- Oil and gas companies gearing up for transactions post slump
11 May 2015
The global survey reveals appetite for M&A in the sector has rebounded sharply over the last six months as the implications of the oil price crash have been digested.
- One-third of full-time workers globally say managing work-life has become more difficult – younger generations and parents hit hardest
8 May 2015
The online survey reveals that the top drivers of work-life challenges are stagnant salaries and rising expenses, increasing hours, and more responsibilities at work and at home.
- Technology transformation fueled record deal-making in 1Q15, driven by Internet of Things (IoT), security, smart mobility and cloud technologies
28 April 2015
Record-setting technology M&A continued to set new post-dotcom-bubble highs in 1Q15 for both quarterly value and volume.
- Divestments expected to increase in Asia as buyers circle assets
8 April 2015
Divestments will be a core component of companies’ capital strategy in the next year as management teams address pressure to improve portfolio performance and shareholder returns.
- US lull slows global IPO activity in first quarter
26 March 2015
Global IPO activity got off to a slow start this year compared with 2014, according to our quarterly EY Global IPO Trends report.
- Oil and Gas M&A to remain resilient
16 March 2015
Strengthening transactions market on horizon as companies adapt to lower oil price environment
- Countries making tax reforms before BEPS is finalized
6 March 2015
Many countries are pressing ahead and legislating now, rather than waiting for final recommendations from the OECD its Base Erosion and Profit Shifting Project.
- EY dives deeper into select business tax areas in response to Singapore Budget 2015
25 February 2015
EY today released further comments on several key business tax areas in light of the Singapore Budget 2015 announcement.
- Singapore Budget 2015 unveiled
23 February 2015
EY offers its reactions to the announcements at this year’s budget.
- CFOs to provide better information
17 February 2015
CFOs say it is increasingly harder to satisfy investor demands for information alongside increasing regulatory requirements.
- EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2015 nominations launched
13 February 2015
Now till 1 June 2015, nominate outstanding entrepreneurs who have built successful businesses that have global or community impact.
- Singapore artists Anthony Chua and Hong Sek Chern present masterpieces of city landmarks at EY Asean Art Outreach program
05 February 2015
EY opens Urban Rambles by Singapore artists Anthony Chua and Hong Sek Chern at the EY Gallery today. This 18th exhibition of the EY Asean Art Outreach program runs from now to 29 May 2015.
- Widespread growth, M&A and new concepts in hospitality in 2015
02 February 2015
Asian investors including Singapore represented 43.2% of global hotel investments between January and October 2014.
- EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women Asia-Pacific program launched
21 January 2015
Greenpac’s Susan Chong among 14 Asia-Pacific based women selected to participate in the inaugural program.
- EY expands collaboration with IBM to support clients’ adoption of big data, analytics and enterprise solutions
16 January 2015
EY is building on its collaboration with IBM to help global clients leverage new advanced analytics and accelerate their adoption of transformational technologies.
- Foreign banks continue to seek opportunities in China
13 January 2015
Foreign banks in China continue to be optimistic about future performance while challenged by issues around financial reform and economic uncertainty.
- EY’s wish list for Singapore Budget 2015
7 January 2015
EY today released its wish list for Singapore Budget 2015.