Recent global and Singapore news releases issued by EY.
- Urbanization and big cities will drive growth in rapid-growth markets
31 July 2014
Rapid-growth markets to progress to a gradual recovery with forecasted growth above 4.5% next year, reveals our latest edition.
- EY and The Parthenon Group agree to combine, building on EY’s strategic advisory capabilities
22 July 2014
The Parthenon Group, a global strategy consultancy with 300 professionals in offices around the world, has signed an agreement to combine its operations with EY.
- The smart consumer: 30,000 consumers from 34 countries reveal new global trends
11 July 2014
Companies must target “digital hypertaskers”, the shoppers of the future and the most sophisticated and challenging of digital shoppers, to create competitive advantage in the long term.
- Unconventionals add complexity to oil and gas tax regimes
3 July 2014
Despite the geopolitical uncertainty that looms over the global oil and gas industry the continued imposition of taxes on income from oil and gas operations remains a certainty.
- EY announces 675 new partners worldwide, 115 in Asia-Pacific
2 July 2014
Overall headcount at EY has grown to 190,000 along with a record number of partner promotions as economic growth improves.
- EY expands to offer assurance services in Myanmar
1 July 2014
EY admits new member firm in Myanmar to offer assurance services, in addition to the multidisciplinary suite of tax, transaction and advisory services to help clients invest and grow.
- Global IPO activity up despite heightened investor caution
26 June 2014
The global IPO market continued its recovery to end the first half of 2014 strongly with a total of 588 deals raising around US$117.7b.
- EY unifies analytics capabilities into Global Analytics Center of Excellence
26 June 2014
EY will commit to a US$500m, multiyear investment to deliver transformational change to clients by combining analytics with business acumen, domain and functional skills.
- EY: Banks must combat strengthening headwinds in emerging markets to realize sustainable growth
18 June 2014
Banks in emerging markets expect improved financial performance, despite facing challenges of tougher regulatory burdens, rising costs and intensifying competition, finds a new EY report.
- Global bribery and corruption risks put pressure on boards
12 June 2014
EY’s 13th Global Fraud Survey, Overcoming compliance fatigue: reinforcing the commitment to ethical growth, found concerning levels of perceived fraud, bribery and corruption across the world.
- Uday Kotak of Kotak Mahindra Bank from India named EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year 2014
8 June 2014
Uday Kotak, founder, Executive Vice Chairman and Managing Director of Kotak Mahindra Bank was named EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year 2014 at an awards ceremony held in Monaco’s Salle des Etoiles.
- Increased global confidence boosts entrepreneurs’ hiring plans
4 June 2014
Driven by growing global demand for goods and services and technological advances, majority of the world’s top entrepreneurs plan to increase the size of their workforce.
- Singaporean artist David Chan presents widely acclaimed human and animal hybrid paintings at EY Asean Art Outreach program
29 May 2014
EY opens CONTEXT by Singaporean artist David Chan at the EY Gallery today. This 16th exhibition of the EY Asean Art Outreach program will run from 29 May to 26 September 2014.
- EY responds to ASC’s announcement that Singapore-listed companies to embrace full convergence with IFRS in 2018
29 May 2014
EY says this move is timely and will enhance ease of comparability with similar companies in other jurisdictions by global investors.
- Greater collaboration among CFOs and HR leaders drives stronger business performance
26 May 2014
A global survey of CFOs and chief human resource officers finds that a strong relationship between the CFO and the CHRO is linked with superior business performance.
- Failure to adapt to new technology is the number one risk facing telcos
22 May 2014
Telcos must reposition their business models and adapt to new roles across a growing number of new technologies or risk losing major growth opportunities.
- Accelerated technology adaptation drives record 1Q’14 for tech M&A
21 May 2014
Q1 2014 saw record growth driving “extraordinary” M&A activity in the technology sector according to EY’s Global technology M&A update: January– March 2014.
- Paul Loo Lip Giam of Focus Network Agencies (S) Pte Ltd represents Singapore to compete for prestigious award recognizing world’s leading entrepreneurs
19 May 2014
Paul Loo, Group CEO of Focus Network Agencies, will soon head to Monaco, for the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year Award.
- Use technology and data effectively to get ahead of the indirect tax curve, says new EY report
15 May 2014
Dealing with data is the key to tax transparency and to effective management of companies’ growing indirect tax obligations, says EY’s latest report.
- Global pharmaceutical industry has significant opportunities for deeper engagement with payers but contingent upon restoring trust
7 May 2014
Payers in US and Europe believe that drug adherence solutions and data that pharmas possess are vital to lowering health care costs and improving outcomes.
- Complexities and trade barriers challenge regional economic integration in ASEAN
29 April 2014
A new EY report explores the progress of the AEC through the eyes of businesses, and in particular, the impediments of doing business in ASEAN.
- Nominations for EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2014™ open
16 April 2014
Now till 16 June 2014, nominate outstanding entrepreneurs who have demonstrated strong entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, sound strategic direction and financial track record, and built successful businesses that have global and/or community impact.
- Global IPO market has strongest first quarter since 2011
26 March 2014
There was a total of 239 deals raising around US$44.3b in Q1’14, continuing the market momentum built up in a strong end to 2013.
- Power and utility deal volume reaches three- year high, with deal values hitting US$125.4b in 2013
12 March 2014
Global power and utility transaction activity shows signs of recovery with deal volumes reaching a three-year high of 398 total deals in 2013, with a value of US$125.4b.
- Fall in global renewable energy investment during 2013 sharpens industry’s focus on innovation and efficiency for 2014
25 February 2014
Despite an 11% dip in global investment in 2013, opportunities in new markets, new technologies and new sources of capital signal brighter times ahead.
- EY’s reactions to Singapore Budget 2014
21 February 2014
EY released its reactions to the Singapore Budget 2014 announcement.
- IFRS updates will continue to challenge reporters
6 February 2014
Following last year’s IASB announcement that convergence between IFRS and US GAAP was no longer to be a primary objective, the outlook for convergence between the two standards is mixed.
- “Innovation at the center” emerges as fundamental for media and entertainment businesses
29 January 2014
EY’s Sustaining digital leadership! study shows that leading media and entertainment (M&E) companies are putting continuous innovation at the center of everything they do.
- Oil and gas M&A outlook remains robust despite a decline in 2013
28 January 2014
Oil and gas M&A activity was significantly lower in 2013 in value and volume, according to EY’s Global oil and gas transactions review.
- Private equity activity expands across Asia-Pacific as market continues to mature
10 January 2014
The private equity market in Asia-Pacific is coming of age and is realizing substantial growth in volume and value terms and market maturity.
- EY’s wish list for Singapore Budget 2014
9 January 2014
EY released its wish list for Singapore Budget 2014.