Recent global and Singapore news releases issued by EY.
- Manny Stul of Moose Enterprise from Australia named EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year 2016
12 June 2016
Manny Stul, Chairman and Co-CEO of Melbourne-based toy company Moose Enterprise, was this evening named EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year 2016 at an awards ceremony held in Monaco’s Salle des Etoiles.
- Quicker pace of change and alignment of tax laws and policies to benefit ASEAN
9 June 2016
Close to 100 participants convened at the inaugural EY Asean Tax Forum 2016: The future of tax for dialogue on regional tax developments.
- Entrepreneurs’ hiring plans increase as their confidence in the global economy holds steady
6 June 2016
According to the EY Global Job Creation Survey 2016, entrepreneurs are more than twice as likely to be hiring new staff this year as large corporates.
- Asia-Pacific wealth managers need to employ client-centric strategies to capture share of US$200b global revenue opportunity
30 May 2016
Wealth managers in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region will need to employ client-centric strategies, navigate diverse practices and balance disparate regulatory and tax policies in order to capture a share of the US$200b global revenue opportunity, according to EY’s 2016 global wealth management report.
- High-potential women entrepreneurs in Asia-Pacific have appetite for international expansion new survey finds
9 May 2016
A new survey of Asia-Pacific women entrepreneurs has found that confidence and bold growth plans are trademarks of the region’s female business owners, especially among those in ASEAN, despite facing some behavioral barriers to successfully scaling their operations.
- Financial services executives expect only slight increases in female leadership levels in next five years
6 May 2016
Only 27% of banks and 6% of insurers predict a significant increase in female leaders in next five years, according to Placing gender on the financial services agenda, EY’s global survey of gender diversity at banks and insurers.
- 'Progress paradox' found as 69% of industry leaders believe gender parity is in reach despite little headway
3 May 2016
Industry leaders believe they will achieve gender parity on boards within the next 25 years despite little progress being made.
- Lao contemporary artist Sivilay Souvannasing presents abstract landscapes at EY Asean Art Outreach program
7 April 2016
EY opens Currents – A moving landscape by Lao contemporary artist Sivilay Souvannasing at the EY Gallery today. This 21st exhibition of the EY Asean Art Outreach program runs from now to 19 August 2016.
- Industry distress to fuel oil and gas transaction activity as crude price dives
29 March 2016
More oil and gas companies are expected to succumb to stress in the sector, which will drive transactions in 2016, after global deal volume and value fell short of expectations in 2015, dropping by 33% and 17% respectively year-on-year.
- EY’s reactions for Singapore Budget 2016
24 March 2016
EY offers its reactions to the announcements at this year's budget.
- Global IPO volume down in first quarter as issuers wait for market conditions to improve
22 March 2016
Global IPO activity slowed significantly in Q1 2016 with a total of 167 deals raising just US$12.1b according to the quarterly EY Global IPO Trends: 2016 1Q. Asia-Pacific remains world’s busiest region.
- EY opens four new Centers of Excellence in Singapore
15 March 2016
Professional services organization EY today launched four Centers of Excellence to provide innovative services in digital business transformation strategy, cyber security, analytics and manufacturing to companies in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Sixteen women selected to participate in 2016 EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women™ Asia-Pacific program
9 March 2016
The Entrepreneurial Winning Women Asia-Pacific Class of 2016 includes women from Australia, China, Indonesia, Malaysia and South Korea, and for the first time, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
- CFOs concerned about effectiveness of corporate reporting
7 March 2016
CFOs are losing confidence in corporate reporting and its effectiveness, as pressure from audit committees, the complexity of implementing new reporting requirements and reporting overload affect performance, according to a new EY survey.
- World’s largest economies are lagging behind in developing female leaders
3 March 2016
As the ‘Pledge For Parity’ sponsor for International Women’s Day (IWD) 2016, EY reaffirms its commitment to accelerating women’s advancement and calls for individuals and companies to move from talk to purposeful action in achieving gender parity.
- EY opens nominations for its 15th EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2016TM awards in Singapore
18 February 2016
Theme spotlights importance of innovation and excellence to building future-ready businesses and economy.
- EY’s wish list for Singapore Budget 2016
10 February 2016
EY today released its wish list for Singapore Budget 2016.
- EY launches Cyber Security Center of Excellence for government and public sector
3 February 2016
Professional services organization EY today launched a new Center of Excellence – the EY Asean Cyber Security Center for Government and Public Sector.
- Significant increase in risk from cyber breaches and insider threats among top drivers of investment in forensic data analytics (FDA) locally
28 January 2016
Global Forensic Data Analytics 2016 Survey: FDA most applied at managing bribery and corruption risk, internal fraud, and cyber breach or insider threat.