Recent global and Singapore news releases issued by EY.
- Private equity interest in the oil and gas industry to grow with emphasis on emerging markets
5 December 2013
The growing capital requirements of the oil and gas industry as the foremost driver of their private equity executives' investment activity in the industry.
- Growth back in focus among Southeast Asian corporates as market confidence rise
26 November 2013
Market sentiments in Southeast Asia are at a two-year high as 60% of corporates in the region expressed confidence that the global economy was improving.
- Organizations that develop cross-disciplinary, diverse teams perform better – but lack of “inclusive leaders” hinder success
26 November 2013
An overwhelming majority (84%) of business executives say that their organization’s ability to develop and manage teams will be essential for future competitiveness, according to a global EY survey.
- Global technology M&A deal value surges in Q3’13 to ‘post-dotcom-bubble’ record on renewed deal-making confidence
19 November 2013
An unusual mix of deal drivers came together in the third quarter of 2013, spurring big-ticket deal-making and driving global technology M&A deal value to a post-dotcom-bubble record.
- Chocolatier Paul Loo Lip Giam named EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2013 Singapore
14 November 2013
Mr. Paul Loo Lip Giam, Group CEO of Focus Network Agencies (S) Pte Ltd, is the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2013 Singapore.
- Global oil and gas capital expenditures rise despite decline in profits
13 November 2013
Worldwide capital expenditures among oil and gas companies increased 13% in 2012 despite relatively flat upstream revenues and a decline in upstream profits.
- Cyber-crime is greatest global threat to organizations
7 November 2013
With information security functions not fully meeting the needs in the majority of organizations, companies globally are maintaining or increasing their investment in cyber-security.
- Companies with strong “business partnering” between the CFO and the supply chain leaders report stronger results
29 October 2013
An EY global survey finds that companies with strong “business partnering” between their CFO and supply chain leaders report better results.
- Emerging Asian market slowdown forces strategy rethink for global consumer brands
Singapore, 25 October 2013
Despite recent reports of slowing growth, emerging Asian markets remain critical to the long term performance of consumer products companies.
- Growth potential remains high for global takaful industry
Singapore, 22 October 2013
The global takaful industry has maintained its double digit growth trajectory in the last six years, although there was noticeable moderation to 16% in 2012.
- EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2013 awards
Singapore, 21 October 2013
Three outstanding entrepreneurs recognized at this year's award and one leading family business honored with inaugural EY-Barclays Family Business Award of Excellence.
- EY reports 2013 global revenues of US$25.8 billion
Singapore, 8 October 2013
In fiscal year 2013 our global revenue grew 7.7% to US$25.8 billion, with improvement across all service lines and geographies.
- Disconnect in policy and practice exposes Singapore companies to fraud and corruption risks
Singapore, 1 October 2013
Many companies are missing out on the opportunity to proactively use technology to its full capacity to mitigate fraud risks.
- Global IPO activity slows in Q3 but set for uplift in coming months
Singapore, 26 September 2013
Global IPO activity fell in Q3 2013, with projected activity set to reach nearly 200 deals with IPO proceeds of around US$24.4b.
- EY #1 professional services employer – and #2 overall – in World’s Most Attractive Employer ranking
Singapore, 18 September 2013
EY is the world’s most attractive professional services employer – and second most attractive employer overall – in Universum’s annual World’s Most Attractive Employer ranking.
- Entrepreneurs call on G20 to stimulate job creation and growth
Singapore, 27 August 2013
EY’s G20 Entrepreneurship Barometer 2013 calls on governments to collaborate with entrepreneurs in order to kick-start their economies and create jobs.
- Regulatory risk tops risk management agenda
Singapore, 27 August 2013
Regulatory risk is now the top priority for risk managers at major organizations, according to EY’s Risk Management for Asset Management survey.
- PE deal-making soars, activity slides for tech M&A
Singapore, 16 August 2013
EY’s global technology update shows a mixed picture, with private equity volume increasing while corporate deal-making continued a three-quarter-long slide.
- From compliance specialists to strategic advisors
Singapore, 23 July 2013
A new EY/Forbes Insights survey of more than 500 chief audit executives and audit committee members underscored the need for the internal audit function to adopt a more prominent role within organizations.
- EY supports Hair for Hope and children with cancer
Singapore, 12 July 2013
EY employees go bald in its first communal head-shaving event in support of Hair for Hope and children with cancer, raising over S$60,000.
- EY announces 509 new partners worldwide
Singapore, 9 July 2013
We have announced that 509 of our people will become partners across the member firms of our organisation. Of these, 80 are from the Asia-Pacific.
- Steven Phan appointed EY Asia-Pacific Area Managing Partner
Singapore, 8 July 2013
Steven will be based in Singapore and Hong Kong and is responsible for all of EY’s businesses in the region, including Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Advisory services.
- Mark Weinberger becomes EY Global Chairman and CEO
Singapore, 1 July 2013
EY announced today that Mark Weinberger has become Global Chairman and CEO. The professional services organisation also announced the adoption of EY as its global brand name, unveiled a new logo and adopted Building a better working world as its purpose.
- Singaporean artist Ron Wong presents first local solo exhibition at EY Asean Art Outreach program
Singapore, 27 June 2013
EY opens Homecoming by Singaporean artist Ron Wong at the EY Gallery today. This 14th exhibition of the EY Asean Art Outreach program will run from 27 June to 16 October 2013.
- Global IPO window opens in Q2 as economy improves
Singapore, 25 June 2013
Global IPO activity steadied in Q2 2013, with projected Q2 2013 IPO activity to achieve approximately 195 deals with IPO proceeds of around US$46.4b.
- IASB revised Exposure Draft marks major milestone
Singapore, 21 June 2013
EY welcomes the International Accounting Standards Board’s revised exposure draft Insurance Contract, which is a key step toward global reporting consistency for insurers.
- Oil and gas transaction appetite down slightly
Singapore, 14 June 2013
Only 27% of respondents expect to undertake any M&A activity in the next six months, according to our Oil & Gas Global Capital Confidence Barometer.
- M&E companies’ primary source of revenue: digital
Singapore, 12 June 2013
The average revenue of media and entertainment companies will shortly cross the 50% mark from majority traditional to majority digital, according to our survey.
- Hamdi Ulukaya wins World Entrepreneur Of The Year
Monte Carlo, 9 June 2013
Hamdi Ulukaya, the Founder, President and CEO of Chobani has been named the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year 2013.
- Islamic trade finance to grow in emerging markets
Singapore, 3 June 2013
Islamic trade finance could provide new opportunities and become the preferred choice for emerging rapid growth markets, according to our Global Islamic Banking Center.
- EY report: Operational effectiveness biggest growth driver in next decade
Singapore, 29 May 2013
Improving operational practices may represent the single biggest driver of productivity gains over the next decade, according to our China productivity report.
- The Netherlands and Spain top football’s financial attractiveness league
Singapore, 22 May 2013
Our latest tax and professional footballers report ranks the Netherlands and Spain as the most attractive destinations for players based on local financial provisions.
- Global technology M&A value grows 58% but deal volume falls 12% year-on-year in Q1 2013
Singapore, 22 May 2013
The aggregate value of all disclosed value deals grew 58% year-on-year to US$36.4b, according to EY’s Global technology M&A update: January – March 2013.
- Entrepreneurs raised over S$350,000 for Dover Park Hospice and Rainbow Centre charities at gala dinner
Singapore, 17 May 2013
The EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Singapore Academy members raised over S$350,000 for two charities, namely Dover Park Hospice and Rainbow Centre.
- Oil prices under pressure from slow growth
Singapore, 15 May 2013
The uncertainty over oil demand combined with some strong non-OPEC supply growth is putting downward pressure on oil prices, which could impact short-term investment decisions.
- Southeast Asian corporates focus on stability and growth
Singapore, 9 May 2013
Market sentiments are up in Southeast Asia from a round of pessimism in the latter half of 2012, according to our Southeast Asia Capital Confidence Barometer.
- Multinationals fail to adopt transformative payroll techniques
Singapore, 3 May 2013
The majority of multinationals wants improvement in their current payroll practices, yet they are skeptical about whether payroll providers can deliver a comprehensive global solution
- Middle class growth in Asia-Pacific
Singapore, 25 April 2013
By 2030, two-thirds of the global middle class will be residents of the Asia-Pacific region, according to EY’s Hitting the sweet spot report.
- Weak global outlook forcing rapid-growth markets to trade with each other
Singapore, 18 April 2013
Loose monetary policy and quantitative easing intended to stimulate growth in developed markets, has prompted exchange rate swings that in turn could affect export competitiveness in rapid-growth markets.
- EY announces new member firm in Myanmar
Singapore, 10 April 2013
We announced the opening of a new member firm in Myanmar, extending our footprint to 22 countries in Asia-Pacific and 151 worldwide.
- Cyprus has been challenging but the Eurozone Financial Services industry still on track to start to turn the corner
Singapore, 2 April 2013
The Eurozone Financial Services Forecast predicts that, while localized problems can’t be ruled out, the collective pain for Eurozone’s financial services sector is almost over.
- Stronger global markets and macroeconomic conditions drive an improved IPO outlook for 2013
Singapore, 22 March 2013
Global IPO activity is up 1% by capital raised and down 42% by deal volume in Q1’13, according to EY’s Global IPO update.
- Institutional investors feeling positive about 2013 IPO market
Singapore, 20 February 2013
A new EY survey shows that institutional investors are increasingly positive about the IPO market. According to the more than 300 institutional investors surveyed in December, a vast majority – 82% – have invested in pre-IPO and IPO stocks in 2012 compared to only 18% in either 2010 or 2011.
- 54% of entrepreneurs to increase their workforce in 2013
Singapore, 15 February 2013
Despite the uncertain global economic environment and at a time of high levels of unemployment, many of the world’s most successful entrepreneurs continue to grow their business and are expanding their workforce. According to new research from EY, Global jobs creation, more than half of the 600 plus major entrepreneurs across the world surveyed say they expect to increase their work force in 2013 – with the numbers showing remarkable similarity around the world (Americas; Asia-Pacific; and Europe, Middle East, India and Africa).
- Record year for global oil and gas transactions in 2012
Singapore, 31 January 2013
With an average of more than four transactions announced everyday in 2012, the oil and gas sector remained one of the most active global sectors for M&As.
- EY Asean Art Outreach program presents Myanmar artist Nay Myo Say’s solo debut in Singapore on Buddhism in contemporary art
Singapore, 30 January 2013
EY opens Natri Puja by Myanmar artist Nay Myo Say at the EY Gallery today. This 13th exhibition of the EY Asean Art Outreach program will run from 30 January to 31 May 2013.
- Short-term "fast cash” more of a priority for sellers than longer term strategic priorities
Singapore, 24 January 2013
Nearly 50% of divestments in the past two years were driven by a need for a quick cash injection rather than to achieve a longer term strategic objective, according to a new report from EY. The 2012 Global Corporate Divestment Survey reveals that respondents’ rationale for a divestment is often focused on short-term financial motives rather than the longer term strategic benefit of the business.
- Asia-Pacific continues to be a beacon for private equity as investors target the region in search of new opportunities
Singapore, 22 January 2013
mergermarket, the independent Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) intelligence service, and Remark, the publishing, market research and events division of The Mergermarket Group, in conjunction with EY, launched the report Asia-Pacific private equity outlook 2013.
- Singapore ranks second on Globalization Index 2012
Singapore, 21 January 2013
Singapore ranks second, after Hong Kong and above Ireland, on EY’s Globalization Index 2012
- Big pharma under pressure for M&A to close US$100b growth gap
Singapore, 7 January 2013
Top pharmaceutical companies are facing a widening growth gap that will increase pressure to drive growth through M&A. But big pharma’s attempts to make deals will be challenged by its diminished resources and fiercer competition for attractive assets from rapidly growing big biotech and specialty pharmaceutical companies. A new report by EY, Closing the gap? Big pharma’s growth challenge and implications for deals, estimates that the growth gap will reach approximately US$100b by 2015.
- Bad loans and regulation will squeeze Eurozone banks in 2013
Singapore, 7 January 2013
While the economic forecast for the Eurozone in 2013 shows painful progress towards stability, Eurozone banks and insurers will face another difficult year. The north-south divide will become more entrenched this year; while the outlook for lending in northern markets is slowly improving, the outlook for southern markets is bleak as banks contend with a recession-driven glut of non-performing loans and continued regulatory pressures, according to the EY Eurozone Financial Services Forecast (EEFSF) released today.