Malaysia to introduce Goods and Services Tax (GST)
Wednesday, 6 November 2013
About the seminar
The implementation of the GST at the rate of 6% was announced by Malaysia Minister of Finance in the 2014 Budget and will take effect from 1 April 2015.
Want to know more about this new tax to be introduced in Malaysia and how it will impact your business operations there?
Join us at this breakfast talk, where we will share with you the following:
- Introduction of GST in Malaysia
- Key features of the Malaysian GST
- Impact of the GST on other taxes
- How to implement GST in 17 months
Bernard Yap is a Partner from EY’s Indirect Tax Practice in Malaysia.
His experience includes:
- Conducting GST awareness training to clients and speaking on GST issues at external seminars
- Submission of GST memorandums and discussions with the Tax Review Panel and Bank Negara Malaysia on GST for financial services (both conventional and Islamic banks), insurance and Takaful operators
- Assisting clients with preparations for the implementation of GST (including preparation of the Fact Pack and the transaction mapping process)
- Clients and alumni and SIATP: S$90 per person
- Public: S$120 per person
Fees include GST, breakfast and seminar materials
Cherie SY Chan
Tel: +65 6309 8297
Ernst & Young Solutions LLP reserves the right to cancel the seminar or amend the schedule, venue and speaker(s) due to circumstances beyond our control. Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis. We regret that we cannot give fee refunds, but changes in the personnel attending can be accommodated.