- About Our Global Tax Services
- Corporate Services
- Country Tax Advisory
- Cross Border Tax Advisory
- Global Trade
- Global Compliance and Reporting
- People Advisory Services
- Private Client Services
- Tax Accounting
- Tax Performance Advisory
- Tax Policy and Controversy
- Transaction Tax
- Transfer Pricing and Operating Model Effectiveness
- VAT, GST and Other Sales Taxes
Tax news alert
- Tax update - Income tax implications arising from the adoption of FRS 115
Overview of IRAS’ proposed positions on the income tax implications arising from the adoption of FRS 115 in their public consultation paper issued in October 2015
- Transfer pricing alert - Implications of country-by-country (CbC) reporting on Singapore taxpayers
This alert provides details and comments on the implications of CbC reporting requirements on Singapore taxpayers.
- Tax update - Income Tax (Amendment) Act 2016
Summary of the key non-Budget tax changes in the Income Tax (Amendment) Act 2016.
- HR and tax alert – Tax reporting of frequent business travellers to Singapore
Clarification by the IRAS on the Singapore tax treatment of frequent business travellers (FBTs) to Singapore and the additional employer reporting required.
- Global Tax Alert - Singapore-Thailand revised income tax treaty and protocol enter into force
This Alert summarizes the key provisions of the Singapore-Thailand revised income tax treaty and the protocol.
- Tax update - Amendments to Economic Expansion Incentives (Relief from Income Tax) Act (EEIA)
The amendments are mainly to reflect the manner in which tax incentives are currently administered, introduce a sunset clause for incentives and repeal EEIA provisions which are no longer relevant.
- Tax update - Singapore ratifies the Convention on Mutual Administrative Assistance in Tax Matters
Singapore’s ability to combat cross-border tax evasion and avoidance has been enhanced with the ratification of the Convention on Mutual Administrative Assistance in Tax Matters.
- Global Tax Alert - Luxembourg-Singapore revised Income Tax Treaty and Protocol enter into force
This Alert summarizes the key provisions of the Luxembourg-Singapore revised Income Tax Treaty and the protocol.
- Tax update - Tax treatment of insurers’ gains derived from disposal of investments
This alert discusses the principles of the BBO case and sets out the approach that the CIT takes to determine the tax treatment of gains derived from the disposal of investments of insurers.
- Transfer pricing alert - IRAS release of e-Tax Guide: Transfer Pricing Guidelines (Third edition)
This alert provides further analyses on key changes that are introduced by the 2016 Singapore TP Guidelines as well as additional commentary on what is not included and some recent developments in the Singapore transfer pricing environment.
- Global tax alert - Singapore and Russia sign Protocol to amend income tax treaty
This Alert summarizes the key revisions under the Protocol signed by Singapore and Russia on 17 November 2015 to amend their existing tax treaty.
- Tax update: Extending and enhancing the Mergers and Acquisition scheme
This alert summarises the changes to the Mergers and Acquisition (M&A) scheme, transitional arrangements arising from the changes, and the relaxation of certain administrative requirements.
- Global tax alert: Singapore and Thailand sign revised income tax treaty
This Alert summarizes the key provisions outlined in the revised tax treaty signed by Singapore and Thailand on 11 June 2015.
- HR and tax alert: Simplified claim for rental expenses
This alert provides details on simplification of tax compliance for an individual who derives passive rental income from letting of a residential property in Singapore.
- Tax Alert: FRS 115 Revenue Recognition
This tax alert discusses the tax challenges companies should be aware of following the adoption of FRS 115 - the new revenue recognition standard.
- International tax alert: France and Singapore sign revised income tax treaty
This Alert summarizes the key provisions outlined in the revised tax treaty signed by France and Singapore on 15 January 2015.
- International tax alert: Singapore and Uruguay sign income tax treaty
On 15 January 2015, Singapore and Uruguay signed their first income tax treaty. This Alert summarizes the key provisions outlined in the Treaty.
- Singapore: New guidance on Transfer Pricing documentation
Read more about the key sections of the second edition of the transfer pricing guidelines released by the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore.
- Tax Alert: Singapore and Indonesia to renegotiate tax treaty - December 2014
This alert provides details of the next steps regarding cooperation on tax matters as agreed between Singapore and Indonesia recently on 15 December 2014.
- Tax update - October 2014
Read about the tax deduction for qualifying statutory and regulatory expenses incurred by businesses in complying with various laws and regulations.
- Tax update - May 2014
IRAS e-Tax guide on characterisation of hybrid instruments for tax purposes, and the corresponding Singapore income tax consequences for the issuer and the investor.
- Tax update - May 2014
Recent changes made to withholding tax requirements on payments made to Singapore branches of non-resident companies, and payments for the use of movable property.
- Tax update - May 2014
Details and our observations of new and revised DTAs signed by Singapore with various countries previously which entered into force over the last 15 months.
- Tax Update – June 2013 (issue 2)
This tax alert deals with the four key steps announced in May 2013 to further strengthen Singapore’s exchange of information framework.
- Tax Update – June 2013 (issue 1)
This alert covers the administrative changes made to the corporate income tax objection and appeal process by the IRAS to expedite closure of tax issues.
- Tax Update – April 2013
Read about AQQ's anti avoidance case which fell within section 33 but AQQ nevertheless won its appeal as the Comptroller did not exercise his powers fairly and reasonably.
- Tax Update – March 2013
IRAS e-Tax guide explains rights-based approach for characterising payments for software, and for use of or right to use information and digitized goods.
- Singapore Tax News - October 2012
The alert provides a summary of three Singapore tax cases dealing with the deductibility of losses in different circumstances.
- Singapore Tax News - September 2012
This issue covers the draft Income Tax (Amendment) Bill, capital allowances for equipment placed with sub-contractors, and double taxation agreements (and Protocols) ratified this year.
Connect with us
Stay connected with us through social media, email alerts or webcasts. Or download our EY Insights app for mobile devices.
This magazine provides you with hot topics and insights on a broad range of current and emerging tax issues, as well as practical tips for tax planning and tax risk management.