Our commitment to Corporate Responsibility
At Ernst & Young, we ask ourselves what we can do to make a difference – not just for our clients and for our own business and profession, but for our communities, for the greater good of society everywhere and for the sustainability of our planet. We believe that one of the best ways to build a better business is by building a better world. To do this we:
- pursue a business strategy that is responsible in both the short and the long-term;
- take action to increase the well-being of society while adding value to the business;
- focus on all of the impacts made by the organisation.
Responsibility and sustainability are integral to our business strategy, our values and our day-to-day operations. It’s how we understand our impact on the world around us and the sum total of our actions. It means considering all of our key stakeholders in relation to our marketplace, our workplace, our environmental impact and our communities:
- Marketplace: As well as providing consistently high-quality service to our clients and making a strong commitment to audit independence, financial transparency and sound governance, we consider how we manage our supply chain
- Workplace: Creating a workplace that reflects our values
- Environment: Taking responsibility for our greenhouse gas emissions and our impact on the environment
- Community: Helping our communities achieve their full potential.