The Prince's Trust
Ernst & Young is proud to be a Gold Patron of The Prince’s Trust and is committed to raising a minimum of £500,000 by 2014, to help the charity support at least 550 young people to secure education, employment or training.
The partnership is built on a shared set of beliefs and values and focuses on areas which can generate mutual benefits for both organisations.
Flagship engagements include:
- Ernst & Young partners sit on a number of Trust broads including The Technology Leadership, Insurance Leadership, Media and Internet Leadership and North West Leadership Groups and Yorkshire Development Committee.
- The Trust is an active endorser of Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year programme in the UK and supported the inaugural Entrepreneur of the Year alumni event.
- We provide people on secondment to support The Trust in areas such as business development and strategy planning. The most recent secondment, which ran from November 2010 to April 2011, looked at new funding streams.
- We support the development of Trust staff through our Community Coaching programme, which offers Ernst & Young coaches to employees.
- 150 EY people have generated £500,000 for The Trust since 2007 by participating in overseas challenges.
In any 12 month period, Ernst & Young employees volunteer to support The Trust in a wide variety of ways including:
- Providing business mentors to support young entrepreneurs to grow their businesses.
- Providing progression mentors to help young people transition from a Trust programme into a job or further education.
- Providing volunteers to help young people develop their business skills and CVs.
- Placing people as development coaches on a Team programme, which provides young people with 20 days support as they develop employability skills.
- Competing against other businesses in a series of physical and mental challenges in places such as Costa Rica and the Himalayas. To qualify for a challenge, our people have to use their entrepreneurial skills to generate funds for The Trust.
- Entering teams into Million Makers and Challenge 1500 to generate funds for The Trust by using their entrepreneurial skills.
- Hosting Trust events in our offices across the UK.