Welcome to EY Foundation
- Tackling some of the major problems affecting young people today, particularly those from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Encouraging and enabling budding entrepreneurs, from social enterprises to start-ups, to grow their businesses
- Raising funds to grow and develop programmes for the young people and entrepreneurs the EY Foundation has been set up to support
- Working with other organisations that share our mission
- Applying people, resource and knowledge to boost employment and enterprise in communities
- Pioneering ways to engage employers in social mobility, youth employment and social enterprise
Founded by EY on 1 July 2014, the EY Foundation is a UK charity that:
- Helps young people, particularly those from disadvantaged backgrounds, find alternative routes into employment and education, or even set up a business
- Supports entrepreneurs, from social entrepreneurs to start-ups, to develop and grow their businesses
The charity is governed by a 10-strong board of trustees, chaired by Patrick Dunne (who is also chair of LEAP Confronting Conflict and D30). The board of trustees operates independently of EY in carrying out its work and achieving its objectives.
The EY Foundation aims to maximise the potential of its existing programmes, like Smart Futures and Accelerate Network, and create new programmes by raising funds and collaborating with organisations that share our mission: increasing the support and investment available to affect social change.
"Increasing and scaling our current investments through innovative fundraising and programme delivery, as well as working with organisations and other charities that share our ambition, will enable us to have a major social and economic impact." - Maryanne Matthews, Chief Executive, EY Foundation
© 2014 The EY Foundation - registered charity: England & Wales 1157154