Smart Futures offers you an opportunity to have a great paid experience of work. It is a ten month programme which starts with paid work experience during Easter* and summer, it will give you a variety of transferable skills to give you a head start in your career. Smart Futures can make you more employable, helping you get a job after school or go onto higher education.
A mentor will support you throughout the ten months and advise you on one of the biggest career choices you will make: the first step in your working life. You will also be invited to a series of alumni events throughout your final school year.
To be eligible for the programme you will be:
- Currently in Year 12 (England) or Fifth Year (Scotland)
- Eligible for free school meals at some point in the past six years (ie household income has been less than £16,190 in England or £16,105 in Scotland)
- Attending a state school
- Studying any combination of A-level/International Baccalaureate/BTEC Level 3s/Standards/Highers
- Ambitious and motivated to join the world of work
- Looking for a great paid work experience this summer or Easter* that will help you secure a job after school, or a place at university.
*Easter programme only available in London
If you meet the above criteria, then please apply now! The programme is running in Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Reading, the North West (Manchester and Liverpool), London, Luton, Yorkshire (Leeds and Hull) and Southampton.