- 8 October 2013: James Lambert of R and R Ice Cream named EY UK Entrepreneur Of The Year
- 13 June 2013: James Lambert, CEO of R&R Ice Cream, was named Ernst & Young’s ‘Overall North Entrepreneur Of The Year 2013’ at an awards dinner in Manchester last night
- 13 June 2013: Lloyd Dorfman of Travelex was last night named as Ernst & Young’s London and South Overall Entrepreneur Of The Year 2013
- 28 June 2013: Lloyd Dorfman of Travelex named EY London and South Entrepreneur Of The Year
- 19 June 2013: Steve Bennett of The Genuine Gemstone Company is EY’s Midlands Entrepreneur Of The Year
- 14 June 2013: Proserv’s David Lamont crowned EY Scotland Entrepreneur Of The Year
- Finalists of UK EY Entrepreneur Of The Year announced
- 4 March 2013: Sir Nigel Rudd announced as Chairman of judges to find the UK's top entrepreneur
- 29 June 2012: London & South Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 announced
Ratheesan Yoganathan of Lebara has been named EY London & South Entrepreneur Of The Year 2012.
- 27 June 2012: North Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 announced
Fred Done, Founder and CEO of Warrington based Betfred – the world’s biggest independent bookmaker – was named EY’s Overall North Entrepreneur Of The Year at an awards dinner in Manchester last night.
- 22 June 2012: Scotland Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 announced
Tony Hackney, chief executive officer of BSW Timber Group, was last night named Scotland Overall Entrepreneur Of The Year 2012 at an awards dinner held at the Gleneagles Hotel.
- 20 June 2012: Midlands Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 announced
Kevin Oakes, of Steelite International Holdings, was named Midlands Entrepreneur Of The Year at an awards dinner last night.
- Entrepreneur of the Year alumni advise the UK Government
EY and Total Politics hosted a roundtable to discuss improving the climate for innovators in the UK, with attendees a mixture of parliamentary members and entrepreneurs. John Hayes MP, Minister for Further Education, agreed the UK should be doing more to support future entrepreneurs.
- 23 January 2012: EY launch transformational new Accelerate programme to support UK’s young business leaders and social entrepreneurs.
- UK in bottom half of G20 in providing a supportive environment for young entrepreneurs. Five-year tracking barometer shows action needed on tax incentives, growth, and regulation.
- Entrepreneur Of The Year 2011 Winners Announced. Stephen Catlin, Chief Executive of international insurer Catlin Group, was named EY UK Entrepreneur Of The Year in London last night. Catlin has grown the company to become a global insurance player with a turnover of £2.6billion operating in 52 offices in 22 countries employing more than 1600 staff.
- Winners of Start Up Britain Awards Announced by Vince Cable.
The StartUp Britain award, of which EY was a founding supporter, recognised the locally-based support projects targeting regional growth and enterprise, but which have the capacity for scaling nationally. The winner was Are You Ready, supported by Carl Hopkins.
- Top UK Entrepreneurs continue to create jobs on large scale despite wider unemployment. The UK’s top entrepreneurs are continuing to create jobs on a large scale, despite high unemployment, figures compiled by EY have found.
- Top UK entrepreneurs call for immediate tax breaks to help drive enterprise. The UK’s leading entrepreneurs have called for immediate tax breaks as the most important measure needed to boost enterprise and growth.
- Exceptional magazine for fast-growth companies focuses on how entrepreneurial businesses are sustaining and even generating growth through this difficult economic cycle.
- Nature or Nurture? Decoding the DNA of the entrepreneur
Are entrepreneurs born or bred? Through our Entrepreneur Of The Year program, we've probed the minds of 685 entrepreneurial leaders to unearth what it is that makes them successful.
- Igniting innovation: how hot companies fuel growth from within
What can your organization do to cultivate the spirit of innovation and retain "intrapreneurial" thinkers?