- Master Entrepreneur — an entrepreneur who has been the lead director of one or more businesses for a period exceeding 10 years and therefore led a long, distinguished and successful entrepreneurial career.
- Emerging — an entrepreneur that is leading a business which has been running between two and seven years with a sustainable business model and the potential to scale or grow their business.
- International — an entrepreneur who has developed business in international locations either by exporting or by establishing operations in multiple countries.
- Private Equity backed — an entrepreneur who is leveraging private equity support to maximise the growth of their business.
- Social Enterprise — an entrepreneur who trades for social and environmental purposes. As with all businesses, their social enterprise competes to deliver goods and services but they are distinctive because their social and/ or environmental purpose is absolutely central to what they do. They are not driven by the need to maximise profit for shareholders and owners. Their profits are reinvested in the business or are invested in the community to sustain and further their mission for positive change. Importantly, they do not rely on income from grants, donations or other charitable sources.
- Other — there are a number of other sector-based categories, dependant on the entries received.