How to enter
Entrepreneur Of The Year recognises the passion and drive behind entrepreneurial businesses whether private or listed, socially orientated, family-owned or private equity backed, across all commercial and industrial sectors. The award recognises talent at any stage of a business’s development. You will exemplify entrepreneurial skills and will have created success through your entrepreneurial spirit. Are you our next Entrepreneur Of The Year?
The Entrepreneur Of The Year programme will open for entries in January 2013.
- The business leader should have the passion, vision and drive to succeed. They should be an innovative and compelling leader who embodies entrepreneurial spirit.
- The business leader risks a significant personal financial stake in the business, either directly or via share options.
- The business leader needs to be responsible for their company's success and will have been in post a minimum of two years as of 1 January 2013.
- The business must be based of have their chief operations in the UK and be incorporated for 2 years as of 1 January 2013.
- The business leader will run a social enterprise that trades for social and environmental purposes.
- As with all businesses, the social enterprise competes to deliver goods and services but is distinctive because its social and/or environmental purpose is absolutely central to what it does.
- The social enterprise seeks to be a viable trading organisation and needs to make a profit to be sustainable. It is not driven by the need to maximise profit for shareholders and owners. Its profits are reinvested in the business or are invested in the community to sustain and further their mission for positive change.
- Importantly, it does not rely on income from grants, donations or other charitable sources.