- 29 June 2012: London & South Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 announced
Ratheesan Yoganathan of Lebara has been named Ernst & Young London & South Entrepreneur Of The Year 2012.
- 27 June 2012: North Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 announced
Fred Done, Founder and CEO of Warrington based Betfred – the world’s biggest independent bookmaker – was named Ernst & Young’s Overall North Entrepreneur Of The Year at an awards dinner in Manchester last night.
- 22 June 2012: Scotland Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 announced
Tony Hackney, chief executive officer of BSW Timber Group, was last night named Scotland Overall Entrepreneur Of The Year 2012 at an awards dinner held at the Gleneagles Hotel.
- 20 June 2012: Midlands Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 announced
Kevin Oakes, of Steelite International Holdings, was named Midlands Entrepreneur Of The Year at an awards dinner last night.
- Entrepreneur of the Year alumni advise the UK Government
Ernst & Young and Total Politics hosted a roundtable to discuss improving the climate for innovators in the UK, with attendees a mixture of parliamentary members and entrepreneurs. John Hayes MP, Minister for Further Education, agreed the UK should be doing more to support future entrepreneurs.
- 23 January 2012: Ernst & Young launch transformational new Accelerate programme to support UK’s young business leaders and social entrepreneurs.
- UK in bottom half of G20 in providing a supportive environment for young entrepreneurs. Five-year tracking barometer shows action needed on tax incentives, growth, and regulation.
- Entrepreneur Of The Year 2011 Winners Announced. Stephen Catlin, Chief Executive of international insurer Catlin Group, was named Ernst & Young UK Entrepreneur Of The Year in London last night. Catlin has grown the company to become a global insurance player with a turnover of £2.6billion operating in 52 offices in 22 countries employing more than 1600 staff.
- Winners of Start Up Britain Awards Announced by Vince Cable.
The StartUp Britain award, of which Ernst & Young was a founding supporter, recognised the locally-based support projects targeting regional growth and enterprise, but which have the capacity for scaling nationally. The winner was Are You Ready, supported by Carl Hopkins.
- Nature or Nurture? Decoding the DNA of the entrepreneur
Are entrepreneurs born or bred? Through our Entrepreneur Of The Year program, we've probed the minds of 685 entrepreneurial leaders to unearth what it is that makes them successful.