Our sponsors and endorsers
We are delighted that the following organisations lend their support.
|UK headline sponsor|
Credit Suisse is delighted to support the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards and celebrate outstanding entrepreneurs in the UK. Successful entrepreneurship is about passion, excellence and commitment. At Credit Suisse we share the same values. Drawing on more than 150 years of experience, our dedicated private bankers truly understand the complex financial needs of entrepreneurs and continually strive to deliver the right solutions, leveraging the capabilities across all divisions of Credit Suisse.
Credit Suisse is one of the world’s leading banks. Our areas of private banking, investment banking and asset management work closely together to provide leadership, innovation and competitive strength for the benefit of our clients.
|UK Media Partner|
The Financial Times is one of the world’s leading business news and information organisations, recognised globally for its authority, integrity and accuracy. The FT provides a broad range of essential services, including news, comment, data and analysis, to the growing audience of internationally minded business people.
“The Financial Times is delighted to support the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year awards. Entrepreneurs are the engine of the economy and a key section of our audience: dynamic and successful, they have the second-highest net worth of any other FT audience group. We cover the issues that matter to them and provide crucial advice, information and business tools to help them succeed. On behalf of the FT, I congratulate both the finalists and the ultimate winners.“
Global Commercial Director & Deputy Chief Executive
We are delighted that the following organisations lend their support to the programme:
Click on the logos below to find out more.
- “Entrepreneurs are the jewel in the crown of the private sector. Their creativity and vision has resulted in some tremendous businesses, many of which have the potential to be the global champions of the future. Partnering with Entrepreneur Of The Year gives the CBI a welcome opportunity to celebrate their achievements and recognise their huge contribution to growth and jobs in the UK. The fascinating business journeys recognised by this award are such an inspiration.”
John Cridland, CBI Director-General
The Confederation of British Industries (CB) is the UK's leading business organisation, speaking for some 240,000 businesses that together employ around a third of the private sector workforce. With offices across the UK as well as representation in Brussels, Washington, Beijing and Delhi, the CBI communicates the British business voice around the world.
- Our mission:
Building a dynamic and competitive UK economy by:
- Creating the conditions for business success
- Promoting innovation, enterprise and science
- Giving everyone the skills and opportunities to succeed
To achieve this we will foster world-class universities and promote an open global economy.
- “Entrepreneurship plays a vital role in business life in the UK and makes a significant contribution to the growth of the economy. We are delighted once again to give our fullest endorsement of the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year awards programme.”
Miles Templeman, Director General, Institute of Directors
The Institute of Directors (IoD) is a non-political organisation with over 43,000 UK members. Membership includes directors from many sectors of the economy including CEOs of large corporations as well as entrepreneurial directors of start-up companies. The IoD offers a wide range of business and information services, and free access to a comprehensive business ad vice and enquiry service.
- “We are delighted to support the Entrepreneur Of The Year awards programme. We remain committed to supporting entrepreneurs from all sectors by offering a choice of markets to support the continued growth of their business.”
Tracey Pierce, Director of Equity Primary Markets
The London Stock Exchange is home to many of the world’s most successful companies, with over 2,600 companies from more than 70 countries admitted to trading on its markets. The Exchange offers a range of markets designed to meet the varying needs of companies at different stages in their development. These include AIM, the Exchange’s global market for smaller growing companies, the Main Market, the Professional Securities Market and the Specialist Fund Market.
- “The UK has produced some of the world’s most talented business people, but risks falling behind when it comes to investing in young talent. Only by supporting organisations like The Prince's Trust can we provide inspirational and practical support to help more young entrepreneurs. The Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year awards are a fantastic way to celebrate enterprise in the UK, helping to inspire the next generation of entrepreneurs.”
Julian Barrell, Director of Fundraising, The Prince's Trust
Youth charity The Prince’s Trust helps change young lives. It works with disadvantaged 14 to 30 year-olds giving practical and financial support and developing key workplace skills such as confidence and motivation. More than three in four young people The Trust helped last year moved into work, education or training.
The Prince's Trust Enterprise programme has helped more than 75,000 disadvantaged young people into business through low-interest loans and mentoring since 1983. At such a vital time, the programme enables young people to transform their lives and achieve financial independence though enterprise, benefitting communities and contributing to local economic regeneration. The Trust needs £1m a month to run the programme, but each pound invested in business loans generates at least two pounds in return.