Operational Transaction Services (OTS)
We help corporate and fund management clients see how their businesses could succeed in the future and then work with them to make it a reality. The work is fast-paced, high profile and high pressure and often operates within demanding deadlines. Flexibility is required as your role at EY may take you to many places across the UK and further afield.
There will be a wide range of opportunities to develop your skills and experience in EY - how far you go is up to you.
What do OTS do?
- Operational Transaction Services (OTS) works with some of the world's most complex and high profile international engagements, from mergers and acquisitions to restructuring and joint ventures, across a broad portfolio of clients and industry sectors.
- We are the largest combined Operations and IT team in Europe, with a market leading proposition, focussed on Due Diligence, Divestment, Integration, Performance Improvement and Restructuring.
- You will be working and training alongside experienced industry and consulting professionals, where you will learn and develop the skills you need to assist with effective integration and separation strategies, identifying synergies and sources of value enhancement, as well as advising on risk mitigation and the successful change of operations, functions and people.
What will I be doing?
- In the OTS team, you will be focussed on helping our clients buy, sell and merge with other organisations as well as assessing broader strategic growth options, identifying and creating operational value from their acquisitions and divestments.
- You will develop the skills you need to assist corporate and Private Equity clients with effective operational and IT due diligence, integration and separation planning and execution, and operational and IT restructuring.
- In doing so you will have the opportunity to work both pre-deal, in preparing for transactions and post-deal, in optimising the benefits of them.
- Please note that our opportunities are based in London and candidates can apply either to our Operations or IT programme.
- Our projects are typically complex assignments that frequently involve working with colleagues across a variety of disciplines, as well as other professional advisors.
- Many of our projects involve international travel, and the integration of our EMEIA practice has made working abroad a genuinely accessible option for those who wish to develop their career internationally.
What do we look for?
- We are looking for enthusiastic, highly driven and motivated candidates, who have the ability to work well in a growing and ambitious team, and feel comfortable working in a high pressured and confidential environment.
- Candidates should be proactive and confident, with the ability to work closely with senior colleagues and clients, and adapt to new challenges and ideas.
- You must have effective written and verbal skills as well as excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal abilities.
- Candidates may ideally (but not essentially) have a strong background in Finance, Engineering, Information Technology [IT only] or Computer Science [IT only].
What training and development will I be offered?
- Our Corporate Finance programme offers opportunities to identify your personal strengths and interests whilst providing you a wide range of experiences.
- As you gain experience, you gain responsibilities and make a real difference to our clients. In your chosen specialism, you'll begin to lead teams and coach less experienced staff, later taking on the role of counsellor to new starters.
- While you are on our world-class training programme, you will work towards professional qualifications, depending on whether you join our Operations or IT programme;
- ICAEW Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business - Foundation qualification accredited by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England & Wales (ICAEW). You should note that the exams are front-loaded to speed up your career progress, so you can expect to be out at college almost immediately on joining and throughout your first year. There is an option to request to extend your training to achieve full membership to the ICAEW as a chartered accountant, subject to a business case and your performance in the first year.
- APICS operations specialist training – industry recognised, technical operations training.
- ICAEW Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business - Foundation qualification accredited by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England & Wales (ICAEW). You should note that the exams are front-loaded to speed up your career progress, so you can expect to be out at college almost immediately on joining and throughout your first year.
- Technical IT specialist qualifications – accredited by relevant industry bodies.
In addition, across both programmes, you will build and broaden your knowledge from internal courses on project management, corporate finance and EY and OTS methodology.
We encourage our people to realise their own potential at the earliest opportunity in their career and move towards partnership as rapidly as they are able.
What are the entry requirements?
You are eligible to apply for this programme if you are studying for an honours degree or have graduated with an honours degree.