- About Our Global Tax Services
- Country Tax Advisory
- Cross Border Tax Advisory
- Global Trade
- Global Compliance and Reporting
- Human Capital
- Personal Taxes
- Tax Accounting
- Tax Performance Advisory
- Tax Policy and Controversy
- Transaction Tax
- Transfer Pricing and Tax Effective Supply Chain Management
- VAT, GST and Other Sales Taxes
Customs and international trade
EY's Global Trade group assists clients in improving trade compliance function and ensuring the operational effectiveness of your supply chain, to leverage competitive advantage in the marketplace.
In today’s global economy, international trade is becoming increasingly complex. Increased trade volumes, strengthened export control and import regulations, and reduced lead times combine to create significant challenges for international companies’ supply chain security. Leading international companies must develop supply chain strategies that account for this complex trade compliance environment. Effective trade strategies can also reduce exposure to penalties and significant supply chain disruption if non-compliance is identified. Companies are increasingly focusing their supply chain strategies around two key global trade requirements:
- Trade optimisation – Focuses on import duty-tax optimisation; efficient import/export trade operations and optimised logistics.
- Risk management – Focuses on regulatory trade compliance and trade security.
EY’s Global Trade consultants have a wealth of trade compliance and supply chain management experience, which is supplemented by the knowledge and experience of our wide range of EY specialists across the globe. CIT works with clients around our 5 core offerings:
- Trade compliance reviews (import and export)
- Trade compliance Internal Compliance Programme (“ICP”) development (import and export)
- Customs and excise duties cost savings
- Supply chain security – Authorised Economic Operator (“AEO”) status
- Technical and awareness training (import and export)
This issue spotlights European Parliament and Council adoption of the Union Customs Code.
It’s vital that high performing companies grow faster than the global economy. Discover how effective trade management enables growth.
Connect with us
Stay connected with us through social media, email alerts or webcasts. Or download our EY Insights app for mobile devices.