Our global organization
At Ernst & Young we have one strong global leadership team that sets one single global strategy and agenda.
To ensure we are efficient and effective, we have organized our legal entities into 29 similarly sized business units in terms of both people and revenues. These business units, almost all of which are purposely not single countries, are grouped into four geographic Areas:
- Europe, Middle East, India and Africa
Each business unit’s leadership team works directly with their Area and global leaders to ensure flawless execution. This structure is streamlined – it allows us to make decisions quickly, and ensures that we execute our strategy and provide high-quality service wherever in the world our clients do business.
Our Global Executive
The Global Executive brings together the three dimensions of Ernst & Young:
It is chaired by our Chairman and Chief Executive Officer and includes:
- The Chief Operating Officer
- Our four Area Managing Partners
- Our global functional leaders – the Global Managing Partners of People, Markets, Quality & Risk Management and Operations & Finance
- Our global Service Line Vice Chairs – Assurance, Advisory, Tax and Transaction Advisory Services
- A representative from the emerging markets practices
Our Americas Executive
The Americas Executive (AE) is the top decision-making body of the Americas Area, with accountability for executing strategy, including market leadership and growth, partner and people matters, quality and risk management.