What does working at EY feel like?
Talk to anyone at EY and they’ll tell you what a rewarding place it is to work. We attract individuals from different backgrounds and cultures who — like you — bring a unique point of view and unique business skills. You’ll work with great people and will be exposed to a range of alternative perspectives.
Everyone’s opinion is valued. After all, diversity of thought and ideas enables us to provide better services to our clients. In return for your input and ideas, we’re committed to giving you the experiences you need to progress and develop as well as the learning and coaching to help you to excel.
For us, it’s vital you share our goals — so we can work together to achieve success.
Focused on progress
Rewards and benefits
Embracing the diversity that helps us grow
Respect, integrity and teamwork define the way we work. In fact, as a business built around inclusive, borderless teams, they’re essential principles that guide everything we do.
As soon as you join us, you’ll be encouraged to develop a truly global mindset, build strong relationships and embrace diversity in all its forms. By valuing the differences in your colleagues, you enable your perspective to change and, ultimately, provide better advice and ideas to your clients.
We’ll help you get where you want to go
At EY, you’ll be provided with the experiences, training and coaching you need to be part of our high-performing teams.
You’ll be inspired to achieve your aims, both professionally and personally, while making a difference to our clients and in our communities. And you’ll be empowered to take your career in the direction you want it to go.
Find out more about the learning, experiences and coaching that will shape your development.
We’ll involve you in our business — and in the wider community
At EY we have a strong commitment to involvement and teamwork. It's important you feel part of our wider organization and feel at first hand the powerful impact we’re able to have on businesses and communities.
This sense of involvement stretches a long way beyond the formal work you’ll add to your CV/resume. It’s about the bonds that you form with your colleagues, the support you give to our corporate responsibility activities and the way you contribute to our ongoing discussions within the organization. And the experiences you gain along the way will last throughout working life.
We make a difference
If you join EY, you’ll feel welcome from your first day until long after you leave. But there are lots of opportunities to enhance your sense of belonging here.
That’s because we take community leadership seriously; our support for the United Nations Global Compact and Transparency International are just two examples. And we rely on the enthusiasm and skills of our people to cement our place in each community we’re a part of.
You’ve found the right place if you want to make a difference outside of your professional role. Our approach to corporate responsibility coordinates volunteering activities — in education, entrepreneurship and environmental sustainability — in a way that makes real use of your unique skills and capabilities. That way, you can have a far greater personal impact.
Community engagement is also a key part of our global career development framework.
You’ll have the opportunity to develop in new and different contexts. You might be improving your public speaking, sharpening your negotiating skills or collaborating with people from a variety of backgrounds. But at the same time, you’ll be helping the community and building career-enhancing skills. Learn more.
No matter where your career takes you, you’ll find that your time at EY has done more than develop your skills and broaden your experience.
You’ll have made connections and friendships that will prove invaluable here, and throughout your career. As an EY alumnus, you’ll be offered many opportunities to stay connected with your former EY colleagues. From Connect, our alumni magazine, to our Alumni Network website to our monthly Learning and CPE Connector to dozens of special live events and reunions — we strive to build lifelong relationships with our people.
So however your career evolves, you’ll benefit from your time with us. And if you do leave to explore other opportunities, we hope you’ll become one of the many people who rejoin, bringing valuable experience and perspectives that enrich our organization.
In exchange for meeting challenges and bringing your best to every project that comes your way, you deserve to be rewarded for your contribution to EY's success.
As an EY employee, you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. At EY, your total rewards extend beyond competitive salaries and traditional benefits to include a range of policies, programs and benefits that help you to succeed in all aspects of your life. And through Total Rewards Connection, a firm-sponsored website, we provide easy 24/7 access to personalized information on compensation, benefits, time off policies, career development, work environment and other programs.
Base and variable pay
Base pay: Your base salary compensates you for the value you bring to the firm and for meeting our everyday high expectations. We offer base pay that is externally competitive, internally equitable and tied to performance.
Variable pay: Our variable pay program rewards and recognizes you for your contributions that go above and beyond our everyday high expectations.
- Annual performance bonuses selectively recognize individuals for extraordinary achievements sustained over the majority of the year.
- Recognition awards acknowledge exceptional short-term efforts or results by individuals or teams.
- Promotion bonuses celebrate client-serving staff when they advance to senior, manager and senior manager.
Health and welfare
We provide a choice of high-quality health care coverage:
- Open Access plan with choices
- A high-deductible health plan with Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) in some locations
- Contributions deducted from pay on a pre-tax basis.
In addition, we offer:
- The choice of two options for eyewear: a voluntary plan is available for a monthly price tag and provides a reimbursement allowance for frames and lenses or a discount program that is available at no cost
- Dental coverage for preventive care and restoration services
- Dependent day care and health care reimbursement accounts: Providing tax savings on eligible healthcare and dependent care expenses.
Savings and retirement
- A 401(k) savings plan with multiple investment options, matching contributions and immediate 100% vesting
- Defined benefit retirement plan at no cost to you
- 529 college savings plan allows payroll deductions for future college tuition
- Personal financial planning provides unlimited access to EY's team of highly experienced financial planners at no cost to you.
Financial and legal protection
We provide a range of insurance benefits:
- Group term life, group universal and group variable universal life insurance plans
- Accidental death and dismemberment coverage
- Business travel accident insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability income
- Long-term care insurance.
In addition, we offer:
- Group legal plan: For you to have access to local attorneys who provide a wide range of legal services.
- Bereavement benefit: A lump-sum payment of four months' salary (with a minimum benefit of $50,000 net of taxes) to a surviving spouse or key adult survivor, and survivor financial counseling for a 12-month period. This payment is in addition to any life insurance through the firm.
- Minimum of 15 days of vacation with additional weeks based on level and years of service.
- Ten holidays, which include additional days off around Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day.
- Three paid personal days annually.
- Unlimited paid time off for casual illness: We do not limit this paid time off to a fixed number of days each year. Instead, we work with individuals to permit a reasonable amount of paid time off for casual illness.
- Additional Days Off program: This program enables eligible employees to purchase an additional five or ten days of time off.
Support for working families
The following policies and programs are designed to help our people meet family needs while contributing in the workplace.
- Back-up child and adult care services: Low-cost back-up child and adult care for both anticipated and unexpected needs, either in centers or in-home.
- College Coach: This program helps parents and high school students prepare for college.
- Family medical leave: Allows individuals with at least one year of service to take unpaid family medical leave for up to 16 weeks (four more than federally required).
- Parental leave: Offers six weeks of paid leave for you if you are the primary caregiver (in addition to short-term disability paid leave) and two weeks if you are not the primary caregiver. This includes the birth, adoption, foster care or legal guardianship of a child.
- Adoption assistance: Pays expenses up to $5,000 per child (with an additional $1,000 for special needs children), with paid parental leave available for caregivers, along with resource and referral services.
- Lactation program: Hospital-grade pumps are available at no cost to all eligible personnel and their spouses or eligible same-sex domestic partners. We also make lactation consultants available to all EY women.
Additional life management
- Commuter benefits: You are able to pay for your eligible commuting costs on a pre-tax basis.
- Employee discounts: You can shop online for nationally recognized products, services and entertainment at reduced prices.
- EY Assist: The firm’s one-stop resource for solutions to work and home life issues offers confidential consultation and referrals for emotional and family issues, guidance for managing life’s transitions and research and referrals for convenience services and educational and scholarship information.
- Flexible work arrangements: These include telecommuting, reduced schedules, compressed work weeks, in addition to supporting and practicing day-to-day flexibility so that people have what they need to succeed in their careers and their personal lives.
- Matching gifts: We encourage you to support higher education, and the EY Foundation will match your gifts up to $7,500 per school per year (schools will be matched that reach a minimum of $2,500 in match requests each year).
- Mortgage referral program: Helps you find financing for your home through referrals and arrangements with several lending institutions.
Career and professional development
- Firmwide networks: For people with shared interests and lifestyles to build relationships and foster our inclusive culture.
- Membership in business, civic and professional organizations: Reimbursement is available for annual dues and fees for certain organizations.
- Mobility: We help people achieve their potential by providing diverse experiences that include moving between service lines, industry sectors, functions and assuming international assignments.
- Orientation: We provide a comprehensive introduction to EY, but it doesn’t stop there. Learn more about how we help develop our people.
- Professional certification reimbursement and bonus: We provide upfront reimbursement for one certification review course and associated exam registration fees for first-time exam takers for required certifications. We also offer a professional certification bonus to reward you for attainment of required professional certifications early in your career.
- Service anniversary awards: We recognize and celebrate those who have a long-term relationship with us by providing them with a gift of their choice for certain milestone anniversaries.