Day one will be one of the most important days in your career.
Day one of your professional life defines the start of an important journey. The first step is deciding where to launch your career. Starting with the information on this site, we’ll help you picture what life at EY might be like.
Throughout the interview and recruitment process, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to discuss your aims and ambitions, and learn about the role you can play in our organization. We’ll be clear about what we’re looking for and will answer your questions as fully as possible, so we can both decide if we’re right for each other.
We run a fair and objective recruitment process that reflects our values. The tabs on this page offer more information to help you through our application and recruitment process.
Diverse backgrounds and skills — but similar values
People with integrity
We want people with a clear sense of personal and professional accountability, who exercise sound judgment and common sense and build relationships based on doing the right thing.
People who excel
We want high academic achievers — those who can think and work analytically, communicate clearly and demonstrate leadership through their extra-curricular activities and community involvement.
People who demonstrate respect
We look for people who recognize the value of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. By respecting these differences, we enrich our perspectives and enhance the services we provide to our clients.
People who are good at working in teams
We look for evidence that you are good at listening, learning, sharing, developing and working with others, including those who are different from you.
People with energy, enthusiasm and the courage to lead
We want you to be passionate and excited about the opportunities at EY and what your future holds.
People who thrive on challenge
We want those who show flexibility, adapt quickly to new situations, and prioritize effectively.
People who meet our technical requirements
The students we tend to hire have a strong GPA with degrees in accounting, economics, finance, information systems, computer science, management information systems or a related field of study. We also look for students who are willing and eventually able to pursue applicable professional development and certification(s) and who can travel, as necessary, to serve clients.
Learn about us, and let us learn about you
What can you expect in the interview? How can you best prepare to make a good impression? We offer you a number of hints and tips to give you confidence on the big day.
- Learn as much as you can about EY: who we are, our services and strategic direction. Make sure you can articulate how your strengths and career goals are aligned with ours, and why you think you’ll succeed in our organization.
- Prepare a list of questions for your interviewer(s): so you can assess whether EY is the right place to launch your career. Feel free to ask us about our organization, our clients, the opportunities we can offer you and what you can expect from us.
- Try to relax and remember that we’re interested in the real you: our interviewers are trained to get the best from you. We know interviews can be stressful, but we want you to enjoy it. Listen carefully to each question and take time to think about your best answer.
- Talk to us: we’re friendly and glad to answer your questions. Come along to one of our events on campus and ask our current graduates what it's really like to work at EY.
- Get expert advice: your career services center can provide advice and guidance to help you complete your application and even run you through practice interviews.
For more information, visit Interview Insider, which provides real advice and practical information to help you be your best on that important day.