A rapid decline in commodity prices was a wake-up call for oil and gas. If there was ever a time for transformation, it is now.
Oil and gas purpose-led transformation
Driving operational performance in oil and gas
Capital raising sales to drive M&A in oil and gas
Talent’s role in the energy transformation
Recruiting during a downturn
Diversity boosts performance in oil and gas
Transforming for success in an era of abundance
Private equity: not afraid of low oil prices
Oil & Gas
Fueling your future in a global economy
The oil and gas industry is currently undergoing a period of intense volatility. As an industry looking to grow during constant instability, oil and gas faces major geopolitical, technological and regulatory challenges. Addressing these issues with our clients creates significant opportunities for their transformation and growth globally.
We cover key issues in these areas:
- Competing and managing risk in oil and gas
While risk continues to dominate the energy landscape, competition is also becoming a dominate feature. We help oil and gas companies understand their business risks and develop plans to manage or capitalize on them.
Our professionals understand business operations and use their knowledge to support clients in defining and developing their strategies and risk mitigation techniques.
- Oil and gas purpose-led transformation
- Talent’s role in the energy transformation
- Recruiting during a downturn
- Managing bribery and corruption risks in the oil and gas industry
- EY Energy Executive Insight
- US oil and gas reserves study 2015
- Seizing opportunities in shale gas
- Navigating joint ventures in oil and gas
- Shale's pressure test in 2015: forcing maturity of operating models
- Oil price volatility: staying resilient
- Navigating geopolitics in oil and gas
- Navigating M&A and investment decisions
Players in the capital-intensive oil and gas industry began partnering more vigorously. The past two years have seen a significant ramp-up in oil companies’ planned investments in unconventional oil and gas plays, with a marked increase in joint ventures and acquisitions.
Need to make better and more informed decisions about how to strategically manage capital and implement transactions in a changing world? Let us help.
- Cost reduction and process optimization
Oil and gas companies have seen significant increases in drilling, service, production and operating costs over the past decade. More complex operations generally mean more costly operations.
The most common initiatives for companies were to optimize processes and embed controls. Typically, companies in the oil and gas sector seeking to contain costs will focus heavily on third-party spend, headcount, shared services, IT efficiencies and outsourcing.
- New and emerging market growth
The rise of emerging markets gives the oil and gas industry a new business perspective. Challenges and opportunities exist in a growing economy, evolving government regulations and increasing competition.
Whether you have a tight focus on the BRIC countries or want to see the full range of emerging market growth, we provide a global industry perspective.
- Oil and gas in emerging markets: finding a new way forward
- Creating shared value in Africa
- African oil and gas: driving sustainable growth
- EY's Africa: Oil & Gas capabilities
- Oilfield services in Asia: Emergence of a new business model
- Mexico: making the most of the energy reform
- Russia’s downstream sector: sights set on modernization
- Monitoring regulatory changes
The top driver of regulatory risks, as reported by oil and gas companies in our global multi-sector survey, is the sector-specific regulatory pressures. In many countries, regulatory and fiscal frameworks are uncertain.
Our accounting and tax compliance services are focused on helping large, multinational companies meet their financial reporting requirements in the many countries where they do business.
Connect with us
Stay connected with us through social media, email alerts or webcasts. Or download our EY Insights app for mobile devices.
Join us as we discuss the current trends and how companies can manage the volatility for the long term.
Who will survive the oil and gas shakeout?
Parthenon-EY's Vance Scott explains how he is assessing the potential winners and losers in a market shakeout