The sweeping energy reform represents a landmark in Mexico’s energy policy. We can help companies navigate the changing tax and legislative landscape.
Mexico: Making the most of the energy reform
Cash in the barrel 2014
Spotlight on oil and gas megaprojects
US oil and gas reserves study 2014
Global oil and gas tax guide 2014
Oil and gas capital confidence barometer
Oil & Gas Alert: Kinder Morgan consolidation
Oil & Gas Alert: US Energy taxation
Forecasting the US energy landscape
Oil & Gas
Fueling your future in a global economy
With rising global energy demand, the oil and gas industry has a wide range of challenges and opportunities across the upstream, midstream, downstream and oilfield services sectors. We help oil and gas companies navigate through the changing regulatory environment, manage risks and optimize performance.
To help seize new opportunities, our oil and gas professionals provide guidance on key industry issues, such as:
- Navigating M&A and investment decisions
Players in the capital-intensive oil and gas industry began partnering more vigorously. The past two years have seen a significant ramp-up in oil companies’ planned investments in unconventional oil and gas plays, with a marked increase in joint ventures and acquisitions.
Need to make better and more informed decisions about how to strategically manage capital and implement transactions in a changing world? Let us help.
- The emergence of Canadian gas divestments
- Financing the future energy landscape
- Global oil and gas transactions review
- Oil and gas capital confidence barometer
- Strategic divestments drive value
- The MLP journey
- Investment appetite up for IPOs among institutional investors
- Canadian oil and gas transactions and trends: 2012–13
- FIRPTA investment guide
- Navigating joint ventures in the oil and gas industry
- Competing and managing risk in oil and gas
While risk continues to dominate the energy landscape, competition is also becoming a dominate feature. We help oil and gas companies understand their business risks and develop plans to manage or capitalize on them.
Our professionals understand business operations and use their knowledge to support clients in defining and developing their strategies and risk mitigation techniques.
- US oil and gas reserves study 2014
- Competing in the global LNG market
- Getting ready for UK shale gas
- Shale gas in Europe: revolution or evolution?
- US LNG exports update
- The Norwegian oil field service analysis
- Managing bribery and corruption risks in the oil and gas industry
- Authorized access: uncovering insider threats within oil and gas companies
- Oil and gas cybersecurity: Penetration testing techniques
- Global oil and gas reserves study
- Playing by the local rules: State-owned enterprise success in Canada's oil and gas industry
- Business pulse: oil and gas
- Global LNG: New pricing ahead?
- Exploring the top 10 opportunities and risks in Canada's oil sands 2012–13
- Cost reduction and process optimization
Oil and gas companies have seen significant increases in drilling, service, production and operating costs over the past decade. More complex operations generally mean more costly operations.
The most common initiatives for companies were to optimize processes and embed controls. Typically, companies in the oil and gas sector seeking to contain costs will focus heavily on third-party spend, headcount, shared services, IT efficiencies and outsourcing.
- The new case for shared services
- Transfer pricing and the challenging road ahead
- The DNA of the CIO: An oil and gas sector perspective
- The DNA of the COO: An oil and gas sector perspective
- Human resources in Canada's oil and gas sector
- SAP PRA road map: maintain consistency amid change
- Supply chain management in a shale environment
- New and emerging market growth
The rise of emerging markets gives the oil and gas industry a new business perspective. Challenges and opportunities exist in a growing economy, evolving government regulations and increasing competition.
Whether you have a tight focus on the BRIC countries or want to see the full range of emerging market growth, we provide a global industry perspective.
- Arctic region
- Middle East
- Monitoring regulatory changes
The top driver of regulatory risks, as reported by oil and gas companies in our global multi-sector survey, is the sector-specific regulatory pressures. In many countries, regulatory and fiscal frameworks are uncertain.
Our accounting and tax compliance services are focused on helping large, multinational companies meet their financial reporting requirements in the many countries where they do business.
- Oil & Gas Alert: Kinder Morgan consolidation
- Financial Reporting Briefs: Oil and Gas - September 2014
- Oil & Gas Alert: US Energy taxation
- Forecasting the US energy landscape
- Mexico tax alert, February 2014
- Grasping the thistle: adding energy to the debate
- Kazakhstan oil and gas tax guide 2014
- New challenges, new directions: Financial accounting advisory services for the oil and gas sector
- UK shale gas
- Oil and gas update: the international dynamics of shale
- Hot Topic: changes in tax and fiscal regimes
- Risk and compliance for global oil and gas companies
- FIRPTA investement guide: For foreign investments in certain US oil and gas assets
Connect with us
Stay connected with us through social media, email alerts or webcasts. Or download our EY Insights app for mobile devices.
How do you manage the costs of unemployment insurance?
Where do you rank with other oil and gas organizations in controlling this expense? Take our benchmark survey.