EY announces semifinalists for the Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2012 Award in Orange County
Irvine, CA, 9 April 2012 – Ernst & Young LLP today announced the 28 semifinalists for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2012 Award in Orange County. The awards program recognizes entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. These business leaders were selected from over 70 nominations by a panel of independent judges. Award winners will be announced at a special gala on June 7, 2012 at the St. Regis Resort in Laguna Niguel.
The semifinalists are:
- Ambry Genetics - Charles Dunlop, CEO
- ARQ Wireless - Kunal Hinduja, President
- Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. - Mike Morhaime, CEO, President & Cofounder
- Chambers Group Inc. - Sherman Smith, CEO & President
- Cucina Alessa - Alessandro Pirozzi, Chef & Owner
- CyberCoders - Heidi Golledge, CEO & President
- DealerSocket, Inc. - Jonathan Ord, CEO
- Emulex - Jim McCluney, CEO
- Felt Racing, LLC - Bill Duehring, President
- gen-E - Casey Kindiger, President, CEO
- Global Language Solutions - Olga Smirnova, CEO & Inna Kassatkina, President
- Incipio - Andy Fathollahi, CEO
- Kurion, Inc. - John Raymont, Founder, President & CEO
- Leading Edge Aviation - Michael Manclark, CEO
- Lexipol LLC - Dan Merkle, Chairman & CEO
- Liberty Synergistics - Gary Green. President
- Masimo Corp. - Joe Kiani, CEO and Chairman of the Board
- Mobilitie, LLC - Gary Jabara, CEO & President
- Nature's Best - James Beck, CEO
- Online Trading Academy - Eyal Shahar, President
- Pali Mountain - Andrew Wexler, CEO & President
- Source Consulting - Luke Kupersmith, President/CEO
- Strategic Capital Holdings, LLC - Michael Schwartz, Chairman & CEO
- Super D - Jeff Walker, President
- The Bascom Group - David Kim, Managing Partner/Founder
- Venvest Ballard and Candlelight Electric - George Donaldson, President and CEO
- Vinotemp Intl. - India Hynes, President/CEO
- Walz Group - Mohan Tavorath, CEO
Now in its 26th year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries throughout the world.
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration for the EY National Entrepreneur Of The Year Program. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the EY National Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall Award winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs, California, on November 17, 2012. The awards are the culminating event of the EY Strategic Growth Forum, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored in the United States by SAP America and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation. In Orange County, sponsors include: Stradling, Marsh, Union Bank, ADP, Scherzer Intl., Smart Business, HKA, and Strategic Equity Group.
About EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential, and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global award of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 152,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential.
EY refers to the global organization of member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit www.ey.com.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, a US client-serving member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited.