EY announces Lifetime Achievement Award recipients and finalists for the Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2012 Award in Florida
Tampa, 17 May 2012 — Ernst & Young LLP has announced the finalists for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2012 Award in Florida. The awards program recognizes entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities.
These business leaders were selected from nearly 100 nominations by a panel of independent judges. Award recipients will be announced at a special gala on June 14 at the Hilton Orlando.
Lifetime Achievement Award
The Florida Lifetime Achievement Award recipients are William D. Morean, chairman, and Timothy L. Main, chief executive officer, Jabil, St. Petersburg.
The finalists are:
- Services category - Harvey L. Massey, chairman and chief executive officer, Massey Services, Inc., Orlando
- Technology category - Carol Craig, founder and chief executive officer, Craig Technologies, Melbourne
- Health Care category - Shari Dingle Sandifer, founder and chief executive officer, Avant Healthcare Professionals, Casselberry
- Financial Services category - David Miller, chief executive officer and cofounder, and Michael Miller, chief marketing officer and cofounder, Brightway Insurance, Jacksonville
- Corporate Innovator category – Hannes Hunschofsky, president, HOERBIGER Corporation of America, Inc., Pompano Beach
- Corporate Innovator category – Jordan Zimmerman, founder and chairman, Zimmerman Advertising, Fort Lauderdale
- Distribution and Manufacturing category – Amin Rahman Ramjee, chief executive officer, BEL USA LLC, Medley
- Distribution and manufacturing category – Janna Ronert, chief executive officer; and Marc Ronert, president, Image International
Manufacturing, Inc., Lantana Emerging category – Jorge A. Plasencia, chairman and chief executive officer, Republica, Miami
- Emerging category – Jose Prendes, chief executive officer, PureFormulas.com, Miami
- Financial Services category – Albert C. Crawford, chairman and chief executive officer; Robert T. Castro, president and Eric R. Castro, chief operating officer, Bankers Healthcare Group., Inc. Southwest Ranches
- Health Care category – Michael M. Earley, chairman and chief executive officer, Metropolitan Health Networks, Inc., Boca Raton
- Real Estate and Construction category – Michael I. Kaufman, president and chief executive officer, Kaufman Lynn Construction, Boca Raton
- Real Estate and Construction category – Craig Perry, president and chief executive officer, Centerline Homes, Coral Springs Retail and Consumer Products category – Jesse Stein, founder, SportsMemorabilia.com, Coral Gables
- Services category – David Clarke, chief executive officer and cofounder, BGT Partners, Hallandale Beach
- Technology category – John Duffy, founder and chief executive officer, 3Cinteractive, Boca Raton
- Technology category – Will Fleming, chief executive officer, MotionPoint Corporation, Coconut Creek
West Central Florida:
- Distribution and Manufacturing category – R. Charles Murray, chief executive officer, PPi Technologies Group, Sarasota
- Emerging category – Bobby Harris, president and chief executive officer, BlueGrace Logistics, Riverview
- Financial Services category – T. John Jerger, Jr., president, American Traditions Insurance Company and Modern USA Insurance Company, Pinellas Park
- Health Care category – Richard L. Sanchez, president and chief executive officer, Advantica, Clearwater Real Estate and Construction category – Charles Puccini, president and chief executive officer, Bauer Foundation Corp., Odessa
- Retail and Consumer Products category - Oscar Horton, president and chief executive officer, Sun State International Trucks, LLC, Tampa
- Retail and Consumer Products category – Rhonda Shear, president, Shear Enterprises, LLC, St. Petersburg Services category – Steven MacDonald, chairman and chief executive officer, myMatrixx, Tampa
Now in its 26th year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries throughout the world.
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration for the EY National Entrepreneur Of The Year Program. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the EY National Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall Award winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs, California, on November 17, 2012. The awards are the culminating event of the EY Strategic Growth Forum®, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored in the United States by SAP America and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.
Florida platinum sponsors include Carlton Fields, Fifth Third Bank, Tribridge and Vaco; silver sponsors RFB Communications Group and Scherzer International and media sponsor Smart Business Network.
About EY Entrepreneur Of The Year
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential, and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global award of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 152,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential.
EY refers to the global organization of member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit www.ey.com
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, a US client-serving member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited.