EY announces finalists for the Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2012 Award in the Maryland Region
Baltimore, 4 May 2012 — Ernst & Young LLP today announced the finalists for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2012 Award in the Maryland region. The awards program recognizes entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. Award winners will be announced at a special gala on Thursday, June 28 at Baltimore Waterfront Marriott.
The finalists are:
- Chip Paucek, 2tor, Inc.
- Zack H. Shariff, Allen & Shariff Corporation
- Gary R. Pasternack, Asklepion Pharmaceuticals, LLC
- Christopher Brandt, Audacious Inquiry
- Richard Bastinelli, Centric Business Systems
- Josh Levinson, Charm City Run
- Tomas Gordon, ClearOne Advantage
- Clayton W. Taylor, ComRent International, LLC
- R. Jamie Spriggs, ConnectYourCare
- Chris Mills, CyberCore Technologies
- Karl Gumtow, CyberPoint International
- Duncan M. Anderson, Education Affiliates
- George C. Tunis, HARDWIRE LLC
- Jeanne Kimmich Roberts, Kimmich Software Systems, Inc. (KSSI)
- Owen Knott and Martin Knott Jr., Knott Mechanical, Inc.
- Vinita Gupta, Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- George Schlossnagle, Message Systems
- Lou Pugliese, Moodlerooms
- Cedric E. Nash, Oakland Consulting Group
- Brian J. Ippolito, Orbis Technologies, Inc.
- Sean Battle, Joshua Kinley, Vance Mitzner and Don Whitfield, PCI Strategic Management
- Duane S. Pinnix, RMF Engineering, Inc.
- Leonard R. Kennedy, Roadnet Technologies
- John Kennedy, Three Dog Logistics
Now in its 26th year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries throughout the world.
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration for the EY National Entrepreneur Of The Year Program. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the EY National Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall Award winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs, California, on November 17, 2012. The awards are the culminating event of the EY Strategic Growth Forum®, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored in the United States by SAP America and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.
In Maryland, regional and reception sponsors include Baltimore Business Journal, Cassidy Turley, ClearView Consulting, DLA Piper, PNC, SmartCEO and The Mergis Group.
About EY Entrepreneur Of The Year
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential, and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global award of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 152,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential.
EY refers to the global organization of member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit www.ey.com
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, a US client-serving member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited.