EY announces winners for the Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2012 Florida Award
Tampa, 8 June 2012 — Ernst & Young LLP is pleased to announce the award recipients of the Entrepreneur Of The Year® Award in Florida. This group of leading entrepreneurs was selected by an independent judging panel made up of previous award recipients of the award, leading CEOs, private capital investors and other regional business leaders. The award recipients were revealed at a special gala on June 14 at the Hilton Orlando.
“EY has honored outstanding entrepreneurs like this year’s winners for the past 26 years,” said Oscar Suarez, Florida Market Leader for Ernst & Young LLP. “These business leaders have accomplished so much and contributed a tremendous amount to the community.”
The winners for the Entrepreneur Of The Year 2012 Florida are:
Lifetime Achievement Award
The Florida Lifetime Achievement Award recipients are William D. Morean, chairman, and Timothy L. Main, chief executive officer, Jabil, St. Petersburg.
- Services category - Harvey L. Massey, chairman and chief executive officer, Massey Services, Inc., Orlando
- Corporate Innovator category – Jordan Zimmerman, founder and chairman, Zimmerman Advertising, Fort Lauderdale
- Distribution and manufacturing category – Janna Ronert, chief executive officer; and Dr. Marc Ronert, president and medical director, Image Skincare, Lantana
- Emerging category – Jorge A. Plasencia, chairman and chief executive officer, Republica, Miami
- Financial Services category – Albert C. Crawford, chairman and chief executive officer; Robert T. Castro, president and Eric R. Castro, chief operating officer, Bankers Healthcare Group, Inc. Southwest Ranches
- Health Care category – Michael M. Earley, chairman and chief executive officer, Metropolitan Health Networks, Inc., Boca Raton
- Technology category – John Duffy, founder and chief executive officer, 3Cinteractive, Boca Raton
West Central Florida:
- Real Estate and Construction category – Charles Puccini, president and chief executive officer, Bauer Foundation Corp., Odessa
- Retail and Consumer Products category – Rhonda Shear, president, Shear Enterprises, LLC, St. Petersburg
The Entrepreneur Of The Year Program honors entrepreneurs regionally in June, leading up to the national awards in November. Additionally, venture-backed companies that win an Entrepreneur Of The Year Award regionally are also eligible for the Venture Capital Award of Excellence at the national level. The US Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall Award winner then moves on to compete for the World Entrepreneur Of The Year Award.
Now in its 26th year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries throughout the world. Awards are given to entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored in the United States by SAP America and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.
Florida platinum sponsors include Carlton Fields, Fifth Third Bank, Tribridge and Vaco; silver sponsors RFB Communications Group and Scherzer International and media sponsor Smart Business Network.
About EY Entrepreneur Of The Year
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential, and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global award of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 152,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential.
EY refers to the global organization of member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit www.ey.com
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, a US client-serving member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited.