EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2012 finalists in the Greater Los Angeles Region generate double digit sales and job growth
Los Angeles, CA, May 14 2012 – Ernst & Young LLP today announced the finalists for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2012 Award in the Greater Los Angeles Region. The 21 finalists grew their company’s sales over 36 percent from 2009-2011 and created jobs at a rate of 45% percent over that same period, a direct contribution to Southern California’s economic recovery. With almost $196 million in cumulative average sales in 2011, these companies also supported state and local governments through state and other local taxes.
“A snapshot of our 2012 finalists showcases the critical value entrepreneurs bring to the economy, driving not only revenue, but creating new jobs and opportunities in Los Angeles and beyond,” said Brian Ring, Entrepreneur Of The Year Program Director for Greater Los Angeles. “EY is proud to recognize these business leaders of today who are critical to the economic recovery, having created more than 41,000 jobs.”
The awards program recognizes entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. These business leaders were selected from nearly 90 nominations by a panel of independent judges. Award winners will be announced at a special gala on June 19 at the Beverly Hills Hilton.
The finalists are:
- Jeffrey R. Clark, President & CEO, Anthony International
- Linda Reyes Stone, President & CEO, APR Consulting, Inc.
- David William Hagan, President & CEO, Boingo Wireless, Inc.
- James Cameron, Co-Chairman and Vince Pace, Co-Chairman,
Cameron Pace Group
- David Overton, Chairman & CEO, The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated
- Jon E. Kirchner, Chairman & CEO, DTS, Inc.
- Jeff Stibel, Chairman & CEO, Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corp.
- Alex Kazerani, Chairman & CEO, and James Segil, President, EdgeCast Networks
- Simon Bax, CEO, and Bill Tillson, President & COO, Encompass Digital Media, Inc.
- Aaron Broder, CEO & Co-Founder, and Brian Fitzgerald, President & Co-Founder, Evolve Media Corp.
- Emelio Castaneda, President, Field Fresh Foods, Inc.
- Sunnie S. Kim, President & CEO, Hana Financial, Inc.
- Philip Cummins and Lee Maen, Partners, Innovative Dining Group
- Bob Brisco, Director & CEO, Internet Brands
- Cesar Garcia, President, Chairman & CEO, Iris International, Inc.
- Alan Zafran, Partner, Luminous Capital
- Allen DeBevoise, Chairman & CEO, Machinima, Inc.
- Michael Sheldon, President & CEO, Network Hardware Resale, LLC
- Peter Dameris, President & CEO, On Assignment, Inc.
- Josef Gorowitz, CEO, Prodege, LLC
- Nathaniel J. Victor, CEO, Sonic Electronix, Inc.
Now in its 26th year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries throughout the world.
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration for the EY National Entrepreneur Of The Year Program. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the EY National Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall Award winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs, California, on November 17, 2012. The awards are the culminating event of the EY Strategic Growth Forum®, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored in the United States by SAP America and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.
In the Greater Los Angeles Region, sponsors include Marsh, Scherzer International, Smart Business, Union Bank, ADP, The Big Picture, Montgomery & Co, Acacia Wealth Advisors, CresaPartners, J.H. Cohn, and Strategic Equity Group.
About EY Entrepreneur Of The Year®
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential, and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global award of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 152,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential.
EY refers to the global organization of member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit www.ey.com.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, a US client-serving member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited.