EY announces finalists for the Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2012 Award in the Mountain Desert region
Denver, CO, 11 May 2012 – Ernst & Young LLP today announced the finalists for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2012 Award in the Mountain Desert region. The awards program recognizes entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. These business leaders were selected by a panel of independent judges. Award winners will be announced at a special gala on Thursday, June 28, 2012 at the Seawell Ballroom in the Denver Center for the Performing Arts.
The finalists are:
- Mike Durham, CEO, ADA-ES, Inc. (Highlands Ranch, CO)
- Jeff Bisberg, CEO, Albeo Technologies Inc (Boulder, CO)
- John Griffith, President, Alpine Waste & Recycling (Commerce City, CO)
- Terry Shadwick, President & CEO, BluSky Restoration Contractors, Inc. (Centennial, CO)
- Heidi Ganahl, CEO, Camp Bow Wow (Broomfield, CO)
- Matt Larson, Founder and CEO, Confio Software (Boulder, CO)
- Jeremy Woan, Chairman and CEO, CyraCom International, Inc. (Tucson, AZ)
- Ken Weiner, Founding Partner, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Medical Officer, Eating Recovery Center (Denver, CO)
- Bruce Johnson, CEO & President, Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC (GHX) (Louisville, CO)
- Jud Valeski, CEO, Gnip (Boulder, CO)
- Clate Mask, CEO and Co-founder, Infusionsoft (Gilbert, AZ)
- Glenn Jones, Founder, Jones International (Centennial, CO)
- Matt Taylor, CEO, Mercury Payment Systems (Durango, CO)
- Dale Katechis, Founder, Oskar Blues Brewery (Longmont, CO)
- Matthew Pittinsky, CEO, Parchment Inc. (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Andre Durand, CEO, Ping Identity Corporation (Denver, CO)
- Russell Sigler, Chairman, Russell Sigler, Inc. (Tolleson, AZ)
- Mike Buchen, President & CEO, SKYDEX Technologies, Inc (Centennial, CO)
- Katherine Ott, CEO, SlimGenics (Centennial, CO)
- Shawnee Huckstep, CEO, TechWise (CO Springs, CO)
- Jack Hays, VP, Strategic Business Development, WPD/Rockwater Energy Solutions (Grand Junction, CO)
- Thomas Sandgaard, Founder, Chairman & CEO, Zynex, Inc (Lone Tree, CO)
Mike Fries, President and CEO of Liberty Global, has also been selected to receive a special award in Entrepreneurial Excellence.
Now in its 26th year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries throughout the world.
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration for the EY National Entrepreneur Of The Year Program. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the EY National Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall Award winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs, California, on November 17, 2012. The awards are the culminating event of the EY Strategic Growth Forum®, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored in the United States by SAP America and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.
In the Mountain Desert region, local sponsors include Faegre Baker Daniels LLP, CliftonLarsonAllen, ADP, Scherzer International, The Denver Business Journal and JohnstonWells Public Relations.
About EY Entrepreneur Of The Year®
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential, and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global award of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 152,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential.
EY refers to the global organization of member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit www.ey.com.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, a US client-serving member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited.