EY announces semifinalists for the Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2012 Award in the Greater Los Angeles Region
Los Angeles, CA, April 19, 2012 – Ernst & Young LLP today announced the forty-three semifinalists for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2012 Award in the Greater Los Angeles Region. The awards program recognizes entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. These business leaders were selected from nearly ninety nominations by a panel of independent judges. Award winners will be announced at a special gala on June 19 at the Beverly Hilton.
The semifinalists are:
- Daniel Yomtobian, Founder & CEO, Advertise.com
- Mike Zhang, CEO, Airsoft Megastore
- Ernesto Gutierrez, President & CEO, Allied Industries, Inc.
- Jeffrey Clark, President & CEO, Anthony International
- Linda Stone, President & CEO, APR Consulting, Inc.
- David Hagan, President & CEO, Boingo Wireless, Inc.
- Michael Burdiek, President & CEO, CalAmp Corp.
- James Cameron, Co-Chairman and Vince Pace, Co-Chairman,
Cameron Pace Group
- David Overton, Chairman & CEO, The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated
- Justin Choi, President & CEO, Cie Digital Labs
- Andrew Puzder, CEO, CKE Restaurants, Inc.
- David Malone, President & CEO, Community Bank
- Alex Bouzari, CEO and Co-Founder, DataDirect Networks (DDN)
- Ronald Miller, Managing Director, Disability Group, Inc.
- Jon Kirchner, Chairman & CEO, DTS, Inc.
- Jeff Stibel, Chairman & CEO, Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corp.
- Alex Kazerani, Chairman & CE and James Segil, President, EdgeCast Networks
- Simon Bax, CEO, and Bill Tillson, President & COO, Encompass Digital Media, Inc.
- Aaron Broder, CEO & Co-Founder and Brian Fitzgerald, President & Co-Founder, Evolve Media Corp.
- Dan Engel, CEO & Co-Founder, FastSpring
- Patricia Watts, President & CEO, FCI Management Consultants
- Emelio Castaneda, President, Field Fresh Foods, Inc.
- Sunnie Kim, President & CEO, Hana Financial, Inc.
- Philip Cummins and Lee Maen, Partners, Innovative Dining Group
- Saskia Chiesa, President & CEO, International Checkout Inc.
- Bob Brisco, CEO & Director, Internet Brands
- Cesar Garcia, President, Chairman & CEO, Iris International, Inc.
- Eduard Jaeger, Founder & Head of Business Development and Scott Jarus, Chairman & CEO, Ironclad Performance Wear
- Alan Zafran, Partner, Luminous Capital
- Allen DeBevoise, Chairman & CEO, Machinima, Inc.
- Pervez Pyarali Delawalla, CEO, Net2EZ Managed Data Centers, Inc.
- Michael Sheldon, President & CEO, Network Hardware Resale, LLC
- Peter Dameris, President & CEO, On Assignment, Inc.
- Tim Cadogan, CEO, OpenX
- Josh Meyers, CEO, People Media
- Josef Gorowitz, CEO, Prodege, LLC
- Amar Shokeen, President & CEO, RJT Compuquest, Inc.
- Loren Bendele, CEO, Savings.com
- John C. Spesak, President & CEO, Security Industry Specialists, Inc.
- Nathaniel J. Victor, CEO, Sonic Electronix, Inc.
- Jack Evans, Jr., CEO, Total Airport Services, Inc.
- Rick Eiserman, CEO, Trailer Park
- Randy Bishop, CEO, and Ken Button, President, Verengo Solar Plus
Now in its 26th year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries throughout the world.
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration for the EY National Entrepreneur Of The Year Program. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the EY National Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall Award winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs, California, on November 17, 2012. The awards are the culminating event of the EY Strategic Growth Forum, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored in the United States by SAP America and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.
In the Greater Los Angeles Region, sponsors include Acacia Wealth Advisors, ADP, CresaPartners, J.H. Cohn, Marsh, Montgomery & Co., Scherzer International, Smart Business, Strategic Equity Group, The Big Picture and Union Bank.
About EY Entrepreneur Of The Year®
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential, and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement.
As the first and only truly global award of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 152,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential.
EY refers to the global organization of member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit www.ey.com.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, a US client-serving member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited.