Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2011 Greater Los Angeles finalists announced
Los Angeles, 16 May 2011 — Ernst & Young LLP is pleased to announce the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® Greater Los Angeles finalists. This group of outstanding entrepreneurs was selected by an independent judging panel made up of previous winners of the award, leading CEOs, private capital investors and other regional business leaders. The winners will be revealed at a gala event on June 21 at The Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills.
“These finalists create jobs in our area, encouraging community development and innovation in our broader economy,” said Brian Ring, Entrepreneur Of The Year Greater Los Angeles Program Director. “No matter who wins on June 21 we know one thing for sure – Greater Los Angeles is enriched by every one of these finalists.”
The Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year 2011 Greater Los Angeles finalists are:
- Frank Addante, CEO & Founder, the Rubicon Project, Inc.
- Brandon Beck, Co-Founder & CEO, and Marc Merrill, President, Riot Games
- Sue Chen, Founder & CEO, Nova Medical Products
- Matt Dusig and Gregg Lavin, Co-Founders, United Sample, Inc.
- Lyndon Faulkner, President & CEO, Pelican Products, Inc.
- Ernesto Gutierrez, President & CEO, Allied Industries, Inc.
- Ajay Handa, Chief Executive Officer, Columbus Technologies & Services, Inc.
- Bill Imada, Chairman & CEO, IW Group, Inc.
- Constance Lau, President & CEO, Hawaiian Electric Industries, Inc.
- Angiolo Laviziano, CEO, Mainstream Energy Corporation
- Dr. Richard Lee, Chairman & CEO, Amsino Medical Group
- Mohan Maheswaran, President & CEO, Semtech Corporation
- Dr. Cabrini March and Dr. Glenville March, Co-Presidents & Co-CEOs, March Vision Care
- Nick Mehta, Chief Executive Officer, LiveOffice
- Adam Miller, President & CEO, Cornerstone OnDemand
- Scott Painter, CEO & Founder, TrueCar, Inc.
- Steve Rechnitz, Co-Founder & CEO, Twin Med LLC
- Dan Sanker, President & CEO, CaseStack
- Neal Schore, President & CEO, Triton Digital Media
- James Segil, President, and Alex Kazerani, CEO, EdgeCast Networks
- Mike Zhang, CEO, Airsoft Megastore
This year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program celebrates its 25th anniversary. The program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 140 cities and more than 50 countries throughout the world. Awards are given to entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities.
All regional honorees are invited to the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Awards gala, hosted by Jay Leno, on November 12, 2011, in Palm Springs, California. The gala is the culminating event of the Ernst & Young Strategic Growth Forum®, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies, which will be held November 9–13, 2011. For more information on the Ernst & Young Strategic Growth Forum, please visit www.ey.com/us/strategicgrowthforum.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are pleased to have the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation as a national sponsor.
In Greater Los Angeles, sponsors include Marsh, SAP, Scherzer International, Union Bank, ADP, Montgomery & Co., RR Donnelley, Acacia Wealth Advisors, CresaPartners, JH Cohn and Strategic Equity Group.
To make reservations for the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards gala on June 21, contact Kristan Ginther of Ernst & Young at 213-977-7615 or email@example.com by June 9. Tickets are $350 per person or $3200 per table. For more information about the program, please visit www.ey.com/us/eoy.
About Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year
Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential, and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global award of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries.
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services.
Worldwide, our 141,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential.
Ernst & Young refers to the global organization of member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young LLP is a client-serving member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited operating in the US. For more information about our organization, please visit www.ey.com.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, a US client-serving member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited.