Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2011 New York finalists announced
New York, 09 May 2011— Ernst & Young LLP is pleased to announce the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® New York finalists. This group of outstanding entrepreneurs was selected by an independent judging panel made up of previous winners of the award, leading CEOs, private capital investors and other regional business leaders. The winners will be revealed at a gala event on June 8, 2011 at The Marriott Marquis.
“These finalists create jobs in our area, encouraging community development and innovation in our broader economy,” said Carmine Romano, Entrepreneur Of The Year Program Director. “No matter who wins on the 8th we know one thing for sure – New York is enriched by every one of these finalists.”
The Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year 2011 New York finalists are:
- Mark Healy – President & CEO, American Stock Transfer & Trust Company, LLC
- Chris Cunningham – Co-Founder & CEO, appssavvy
- Andy Dunn – Founder & CEO, Bonobos
- Michael Lazerow – Founder & CEO, Buddy Media
- Mathilde Thomas – Founder & Owner, Caudalie USA
- Coppy Holzman – Co-Founder & CEO, charitybuzz Inc.
- Mia Bauer – Co- Founder & Chief Creative Officer, Crumbs Bake Shop
- Jason Bauer – President & CEO, Crumbs Bake Shop
- James D’Addario – Chairman & CEO, D’Addario & Co. Inc
- Daniel Sung Park – CEO, Eclaro International, Inc.
- Michael Nardy – CEO, Electronic Payments, Inc.
- Michael Ferdman – Founder & CEO, Firstborn
- Alastair Ong – Co-Founder & COO, GreenSoul Shoes
- Alex Mashinsky – Chairman, GroundLink
- Shazi Visram – Founder & CEO, HAPPYBABY
- Nathan Accad – CEO, Idea Nuova Global, Inc.
- Benjamin Akkad – COO, Idea Nuova Global, Inc.
- Andrew Damico – President & CEO, IntraLinks, Inc.
- Chetan Dube – President & CEO, IPsoft Incorporated
- Brian Harris – CEO, Ladder Capital Finance LLC
- Daniel Hoffman – CEO, M5 Networks, Inc.
- David Maines – Co-Chairman, Maines Paper & Food Service, Inc.
- William Maines – Co-Chairman, Maines Paper & Food Service, Inc.
- Christopher Mellon – CEO, Maines Paper & Food Service, Inc.
- Michael Sepso – Chairman, Major League Gaming, Inc.and CEO, Legion Enterprises
- Lee Zalben – Founder & President, Peanut Butter & Co.
- Chaim Indig – Co-Founder & CEO, Phreesia
- Jeffrey Levy – President & CEO, RailWorks Corporation
- Dr. Leonard Schleifer – President & CEO, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Mike Narula – CEO, Reliance Communications, LLC
- Ellen Diamant – Co-Founder & CCO, Skip Hop, Inc.
- Michael Diamant – Co-Founder & CEO, Skip Hop, Inc.
- Anthony Scaramucci – Managing Partner, SkyBridge Capital, LLC
- Eric Shepcaro – CEO, Telx
- Lisa Weber – CEO, Timeless Frames, Décor & Expressions
- Michael Cassidy – Founder & CEO, Undertone
- Lance Broumand – Founder & CEO, UrbanDaddy
- Dr. Roger Shedlin – Founder & Chairman, WIN Fertility, Inc.
The Entrepreneur Of The Year Program honors entrepreneurs regionally in June, leading up to the national awards in November. Additionally, venture-backed companies that win an Entrepreneur Of The Year Award regionally are also eligible for the Entrepreneur Of The Year Venture Capital Award of Excellence on a national level. The overall National US winner then moves on to compete for the Ernst & Young World Entrepreneur Of The Year Award in June.
This year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program celebrates its 25th anniversary. The program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 140 cities and more than 50 countries throughout the world. Awards are given to entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities.
All regional honorees are invited to the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Awards gala, hosted by Jay Leno, on November 12, 2011, in Palm Springs, California. The gala is the culminating event of the Ernst & Young Strategic Growth Forum®, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies, which will be held November 9–13, 2011. For more information on the Ernst & Young Strategic Growth Forum, please visit www.ey.com/us/strategicgrowthforum.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are pleased to have the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation as a national sponsor.
In New York sponsors include Marsh, Scherzer International, SAP America Inc, HSBC, Solomon Edwards Group, Empire Valuation Consultants, WithumSmith +Brown, Murray Devine, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe and RR Donnelley.
To make reservations for the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards gala on June 8, 2011, contact Michelle Mucci Liotta of Ernst & Young at 212 773 0975 or email@example.com.Tickets are $350 per person or $3500 per table. For more information about the program, please visit www.ey.com/us/eoy.
About Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year
Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential, and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global award of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries.
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services.
Worldwide, our 141,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential.
Ernst & Young refers to the global organization of member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young LLP is a client-serving member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited operating in the US. For more information about our organization, please visit www.ey.com.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, a US client-serving member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited.