Finalists for Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2010 awards in the Southwest Area – North (North Texas/Arkansas/Oklahoma) announced
Dallas, TX, 14 May 2010 – Ernst & Young LLP is pleased to announce the finalists for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® award in the Southwest Area – North (North Texas/Arkansas/Oklahoma).This group of outstanding entrepreneurs was selected by an independent judging panel made up of regional business, academic and community leaders. The winners will be revealed at a gala event on Saturday, June 19, 2010 at the Dallas Sheraton Hotel.
“Entrepreneurship is especially vital as our nation recovers from recession,” said Debra von Storch, Ernst & Young LLP partner and Strategic Growth Markets leader. “These finalists create jobs in our area, encouraging healthy growth, development and innovation in the local economy.”
The Southwest Area – North finalists for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year award in 2010 are:
- Kim Pedersen, 1000bulbs.com
- Ben Trowbridge, Alsbridge, Inc.
- Bill Cameron, American Fidelity Assurance Company
- Devender Aerrabolu, American Unit
- J. Darron Eschle, Andrews Logistics, Inc.
- Don Clampitt, Clampitt Paper Company
- Eric Affeldt, ClubCorp, Inc.
- Sunil Dharod, Dharod, Inc.
- Vanessa Ogle, Enseo, Inc.
- Audrey Reed, Essilor Vision Foundation
- Jeffery Hook, Fellowship Technologies
- Patrick Hunn, First Place Foods, LLC
- Brandon Thompson, Halo Companies, Inc.
- Ricardo Garza, La Mexicana Tortilla Factory, Inc.
- Gilford Stricklin, Marketplace Ministries
- Edward Peters, Open Connect Systems, Incorporated
- Christopher Roussos, OrthoSynetics, Inc.
- Alan Bratton, Paranet Solutions LLC
- Chad Richison, Paycom
- Carl Soderstrom, PhyServe Physician Services, Inc.
- Rajendra Patel, Premier Hospitality Management
- Hillary Bell, Professional Clinical Laboratory
- Marie Diaz, Pursuit of Excellence, Inc.
- Emmett Moore, Reliant Hospital Partners, LLC
- David Kirk, RF Monolithics
- Ed Vierling, Sharon Young Inc.
- Lance Crosby, SoftLayer Technologies
- Ed Bowman, SOURCECORP, Incorporated
- Melanie Mroz, SouthPeak Interactive
- Jeffrey Zisk, SpeedFC
- Rob Howard, Telligent
- Randall Haran, Texas Air Composites
- Paul Spiegelman, The Beryl Companies
- John Shlonsky, TransFirst Holdings, Inc.
- Jim Nixon, Varel International
- Jeffery Gardner, Windstream Corporation
- Mike Azcue, World Ventures
- Wayne Nugent, World Ventures
The Entrepreneur Of The Year® program honors entrepreneurs regionally in June, leading up to the national awards in November. Additionally, venture-backed companies that win an Entrepreneur Of The Year® award regionally are also eligible for the Venture Capital Award of Excellence on a national level. The overall national US winner then moves on to compete for the World Entrepreneur Of The Year title in June.
This year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year awards program celebrates its 24th anniversary. The program has expanded to recognize business leaders in over 135 cities in 50 countries throughout the world. Awards are given to entrepreneurs who demonstrate extraordinary success in the areas of innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. Entrepreneurs are nominated and evaluated by those in each region, including local business, academic and community leaders.
All regional honorees are invited to the national Entrepreneur Of The Year® gala, hosted by Jay Leno, on November 13, 2010 in Palm Springs, California. The gala is the culminating event of the Ernst & Young Strategic Growth Forum®, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies. For more information on the Ernst & Young Strategic Growth Forum, please visit www.ey.com/us/strategicgrowthforum.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year awards are pleased to have the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation and SAP America, Inc. as national sponsors.
In the Southwest Area – North, sponsors include Smith Frank & Partners, First United Bank & Trust Company, Roach Howard Smith & Barton, Solomon Edwards Group, VIP Search Group, Ussery Printing, Munsch Hardt Kopf & Harr, D CEO Magazine, Smart Business Magazine, The Fort Worth Business Press and The Journal Record.
To make reservations for the Entrepreneur Of The Year awards gala on Saturday, 19 June 2010, contact Genevieve Salazar, Program Manager, Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® Southwest Area – North, at +1 214 969 0896 or email@example.com by 4 June 2010. Tickets are $200 per person. For more information about the program, please visit www.ey.com/us/eoy.
About Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur Of The Year®
Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur Of The Year® is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The award makes a difference through the unique way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global award of its kind, Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 135 cities in 50 countries.
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 144,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential.
For more information, please visit www.ey.com.
Ernst & Young refers to the global organization of member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young LLP is a client-serving member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited located in the US