Ernst & Young's News Release Archive: February 2012
- Rebuilding the Global Banking Industry: Ernst & Young and Knowledge@Wharton Release Video eBook Detailing Scenarios for the Next Decade of Banking
New York, February 28, 2012
In the industry's first-ever interactive eBook published by Ernst & Young and Knowledge@Wharton, "Global Banking 2020: Foresight & Insights," banking leaders explore a spectrum of potential scenarios – including some extreme possibilities – that could develop in the coming decade, along with strategies to help global banks thrive.
- United States Named Global Leader in Renewable Energy Investment
New York, 28 February 2012
In 2011, American renewable energy investment in solar and wind technologies dominated the global market, propelling the US into the leadership position, according to our latest Renewable Energy Country Attractiveness Index.
- US consumers demand better customer service, more personal interaction From insurers, according to Ernst & Young global insurance survey
New York, 22 February 2012
US insurance consumers want their insurers to offer more personalized service and reward customer loyalty, according to Ernst & Young's Global Consumer Insurance Survey 2012. The survey also finds that consumers of life/annuity and property/casualty policies are willing to buy multiple products from the same carrier if they are tailored to meet their individual needs, and that Millennials believe the strength and health of an insurer's brand is more important than the price of the insurance product.
- NCRW Celebrates 30 Years of Changing the Way the World Looks at Women: Awards Dinner 2012, March 6th
New York, 21 February 2012
At a stellar gathering of leaders from business, philanthropy, government, and non-profits, the National Council for Research on Women will kick off 30 years of transforming the way the world looks at women and girls at its annual Making a Difference for Women Awards Dinner on Tuesday, March 6th.
- Risk investment levels closely linked to financial performance
London, 16 February 2012
Over the last decade companies around the world have made substantial investments in personnel, processes and technology to help mitigate and control business risk.
- New Ernst & Young LLP report guides companies on managing smart grid security risks
New York, 15 February 2012
Confidence in new technologies has been one of the leading challenges among utilities – and customers – in upgrading to the smart grid. However, with the proper control systems in place, risks can be anticipated and minimized, according to a new report from Ernst & Young LLP.
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) announces new list of 2011 America's top corporations for women's business enterprises
Washington, DC, 15 February 2012
The Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) today announced its 13th annual listing of America's Top Corporations for Women's Business Enterprises, the only national award honoring corporations for world class programs that level the playing field for women's business enterprises (WBEs) to compete for corporate business.
- Technology mergers and acquisitions surge in 2011
New York, 14 February 2012
Aggregate deal value of global technology mergers and acquisitions (M&A) surged 41% in 2011, even as the value of global M&A in all industries fell slightly amid economic uncertainty.
- Events of 2011 shape the O&G industry in 2012
Houston, 2 February 2012
Key events and trends in 2011 frame Ernst & Young's Oil & Gas Center leaders' expectations for 2012. Global politics, midstream capacity, new domestic sources of crude, environmental concerns, the shale gas boom and natural gas pricing market are reshaping the oil and gas industry moving forward.
- 2011 U.S. venture capital investment in cleantech steady at $4.9 billion despite tough economy
Boston, 1 February 2012
US venture capital (VC) investment in cleantech companies reached $4.9 billion in 2011, flat in terms of deals and down 4.5% in terms of capital invested compared to 2010, according to an Ernst & Young LLP analysis based on data from Dow Jones VentureSource.