Ernst & Young's News Release Archive:
- Ernst & Young LLP’s headquarters goes green with lighting retrofit project
New York, 31 July 2012
Times Square office retrofits 32 floors with energy-efficient lighting to reduce CO2 emissions.
- Rising North American oil supply continues to reveal infrastructure mismatches
Houston, 30 July 2012
Growing oil supplies from unconventional fields in the U.S. and Canada have created significant logistics constraints, bottlenecks and considerable investment needs.
- Proxy season results show dramatic shift in company-shareholder engagement
New York, 26 July 2012
Accountability and transparency expectations for companies and institutional investors increase as a result.
- Ernst and Young LLP Appoints New Business Tax Services Leader
New York, 26 July 2012
Ernst & Young LLP is pleased to announce that Jeff Smith has been appointed Americas Director of Business Tax Services (BTS) for the firm.
- 2012 homebuilder survey: Builders cautiously optimistic about housing industry outlook over next few years
New York, 24 July 2012
Ernst & Young LLP survey reports increase in revenues, new home sales and return to active development in 2012.
- Eighty percent of chief audit executives acknowledge room for improvement with internal audit functions
New York, 18 July 2012
With risk, control and compliance becoming increasingly important in today’s global marketplace, a new global survey of 695 chief audit executives (CAEs) and C-suite executives released by Ernst & Young today reveals that 80% of organizations acknowledge that their internal audit function has room for improvement.
- Ernst & Young LLP Adds National Indirect/State and Local Tax Partner
New York, 17 July 2012
Ernst & Young LLP announced that Sidney Silhan has joined the firm’s National Indirect/State and Local Tax practice as a partner in Atlanta. Silhan has nearly 20 years of experience in state and local tax and corporate structuring and merger and acquisition issues.
- Ernst and Young LLP Adds Partners to Further Expand Its Asset Management Tax Practice
New York, 12 July 2012
Ernst & Young LLP announced today the appointment of Julie Canty and Carlos A. Schmidt as partners in the firm’s Asset Management Tax practice.
- At ten year anniversary of Sarbanes-Oxley corporate governance is stronger, audit quality is improved
New York, 11 July 2012
The passage of The Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) ten years ago dramatically transformed US financial reporting by improving audit quality and strengthening corporate governance. Ernst & Young LLP today released a report – The Sarbanes-Oxley Act at 10 – that considers the legislation, discusses what it was designed to do, and analyzes its impact.
- Ernst & Young’s US Transaction Advisory Services Expands Infrastructure Advisory Practice with Acquisition of Jeffrey A. Parker & Associates, Inc.
New York, 10 July 2012
The acquisition builds on Ernst & Young LLP’s infrastructure advisory practice in the US and expands the capabilities of the worldwide Ernst & Young network in this area.
- High-growth entrepreneurs setting pace for revenue growth and job creation says Ernst & Young LLP
6 July 2012
Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® finalists employ close to 700,000 and generate more than $165 billion in revenue
- M&A Deal Flows Checked By Economic Slowdown, Says Ernst & Young
New York, 2 July 2012
The tepid global economy has greatly slowed the pace of US M&A activity, as deal flow dropped by 15% to 3,159 deals in the first half of 2012 from 3,729 in 20111. Deal value also tumbled by 43% from the prior year 2.