EY's News Release Archive: October 2012
- Ad-hoc information security solutions no longer an option, as companies struggle to keep pace with today’s threats
London, 29 October 2012
Organizations need to fundamentally shift their approach to information security in order to meet the threats presented by existing and emerging technologies according to EY’s Global Information Security Survey 2012 report released today.
- Ernst & Young LLP announces 11 national winners of 2012 Entrepreneurial Winning WomenTM Program
New York, 24 October 2012
Program winners defy the odds and spur dramatic company and job growth in women-owned businesses
- EY report: risk-informed investment strategy critical to addressing aging pipelines and other critical assets
New York, 23 October 2012
Power and utility companies should prioritize investment in aging pipelines and other critical assets using a risk-based assessment that considers the relative likelihood and consequence of catastrophic failure, according to a new report released today by Ernst & Young LLP.
- Natural gas liquids’ profitability weakens amid rising US supply
Houston, 22 October 2012
Prices for natural gas liquids, or NGLs, have dropped precipitously this year amid growing supplies, weakening the profitability of a key driver of the US shale development. Extracting NGLs, such as ethane, propane and butane, is still more attractive than producing dry natural gas, but it’s not as robust as it was nine months ago, according to EY’s Oil & Gas Center’s quarterly analysis.
- EY Foundation’s 2012 Tax Educators’ Symposium Begins with Post-Election Policy and Legislative Signposts for Year-End Changes
Washington, DC, 17 October 2012
As election results near and the fiscal cliff gets closer, the annual Ernst & Young LLP Tax Educators’ Symposium features a tax legislative and tax reform update to its more than 100 attending tax professors from universities around the country.
- Ernst and Young LLPs Leslie Blair recognized for leadership by Consulting Magazine
New York, 12 October 2012
Ernst & Young LLP announced that Leslie Brown Blair, West Sub-Area Advisory Managing Partner, has been named a winner of a 2012 Consulting magazine’s “Women Leaders in Consulting” award. Blair was selected for a Leadership award for her pioneering role in building Ernst & Young LLP’s West Sub-Area consulting practice and exceeding the area’s growth, sales and retention goals.
- DiversityInc Names EY Top Company for Global Cultural Competence
New York, 12 October 2012
DiversityInc recognized the global EY organization as the Top Company for Global Cultural Competence at an awards dinner yesterday evening, concluding the first of its two-day event series in New York City titled Diversity-Management Best Practices From the Best of the Best.
- Park Square, EY And Wilmerhale Release 13th Annual Tech And Life Sciences Compensation And Entrepreneurship Study
Boston, 11 October 2012
According to an executive compensation study of private businesses released today, non-founder C-suite executives at technology companies saw their cash compensation increase by 4.8 percent year-over-year, while comparable executives at private life sciences firms experienced an average increase of 3.5 percent.
- EY to co-host new symposium focused on the revolution in product reimbursement strategies in health care
Philadelphia, 10 October 2012
EY today announced that it will be co-hosting the first annual Real Endpoints Symposium, which will bring together senior executives from leading life sciences companies, payers, providers, and policy makers to discuss new solutions and innovative strategies to address the rapidly changing reimbursement environment in healthcare.
- Ernst & Young LLP Announces Newest Tax Hires
New York, 10 October 2012
Ernst & Young LLP today announced that David Damron, Marc Detampel, Bobby Stover, Jennifer Williams and Michelle Zahler have joined the firm as partners, along with Wes Cornwell and Matthew Stevens as principals and John Hauser, Jane Malecki and Russell Sanders as executive directors.
- Lower Economic Confidence Clouds Deal-making Outlook
New York, 8 October 2012
Waning global economic confidence has dealt mergers & acquisitions (M&A) activity another blow as boardrooms and CEOs are hunkered down in the United States (US), according to EY’s latest Capital Confidence Barometer, based on a survey of more than 1,500 senior executives in 41 countries around the world.
- Ernst & Young LLP survey finds signs of US-targeted corporate investment and growth
New York, 4 October 2012
Despite globalization, the need for tax reform, the upcoming election and economic uncertainty leading up to the proverbial fiscal cliff, corporate tax professionals foresee strong potential for US investment and growth in 2013.
- Environmental and social topics lead shareholder proposal submissions in 2012 proxy season
New York, 3 October 2012
Ernst & Young LLP released a new report showing environmental and social proposals continued to lead all other categories in the 2012 proxy season, representing more than 40% of all shareholder proposals submitted.
- Global medtech industry delivering strong returns despite economic conditions
Boston, 2 October 2012
Publicly traded medtech companies in the US and Europe defied the dampened growth environment of the global economy and turned in another solid performance in 2011, with revenue growth outpacing 2010 rates while delivering a third consecutive year of double-digit net income growth.