EY announces finalists for EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2014 in the Michigan and Northwest Ohio region
Detroit, 22 April 2014
EY today announced the finalists for EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2014 in the Michigan and Northwest Ohio region. The awards program recognizes entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. These business leaders were selected from more than 50 nominations by a panel of independent judges. Award winners will be announced at a black-tie gala on June 5 at the MGM Grand Detroit.
The finalists are:
- Michael Marcantonio, CEO - Alliance Franchise Brands LLC, Plymouth, MI
- Steven Greenawalt, CEO - Alta Equipment Company, Wixom, MI
- John Lowery, President - Applied Imaging, Grand Rapids, MI
- Jeffrey Styers, President /CEO - Arrow Strategies, Bingham Farms, MI
- Jeffrey Farber, President - Auburn Pharmaceutical, Troy, MI
- Bob Fish, CEO, Michael McFall, President - BIGGBY COFFEE, East Lansing, MI
- James Verrier, President/CEO - BorgWarner Inc., Auburn Hills, MI
- Cheong Choon Ng, President/Co-Owner - Choon's Design, Wixom, MI
- Robert Verdun, President - Computerized Facility Integration LLC, Southfield, MI
- Dan Gilbert, General Partner, Brian Hermelin, General Partner and Josh Linkner, CEO/Managing Partner - Detroit Venture Partners, Detroit, MI
- Mike Marsh, Vice President and Stacey Marsh, President - Flatout, Inc., Saline, MI
- Bridget Lemberg, CEO - Forensic Fluids Laboratories, Kalamazoo, MI
- Chris McCuiston, President/CEO - Goldfish Swim School Franchising LLC, Birmingham, MI
- Lorna Utley, President/CEO - Goodwill Industries of Greater Detroit, Detroit, MI
- Arthur Bott, Chairman of the Board - Grand Rapids Plastics, Inc., Grand Rapids, MI
- Rich Beckman, CEO - Great Expressions Dental Centers, Bloomfield Hills, MI
- Surendra Khambete, President - Indratech, Troy, MI
- Luther Elliott, President/CEO - Information Systems Resources, Dearborn, MI
- Ernest Nicolay, President - Kar's Nuts, Inc., Madison Heights, MI
- Tel Ganesan, President/CEO - Kyyba Inc., Farmington Hills, MI
- Patrick Fehring, President/CEO - Level One Bank, Farmington Hills, MI
- Donald Hicks, President/CEO - LLamasoft, Inc., Ann Arbor, MI
- Stuart Carlin, CEO/Founder - MachineTools.com, West Bloomfield, MI
- Jason Teshuba, CEO - Mango Languages, Farmington Hills, MI
- John Roggow, President - MPF Acquisitions Inc., Martin, MI
- Linda Torakis, President/Co-Founder - MVC Holdings, LLC, Roseville, MI
- Pete Bosanic, President and Michael Kulka, CEO - P.M. Environmental, Inc., Lansing, MI
- Nanua Singh, President - Rapid Global Business Solutions Inc., Madison Heights, MI
- Thomas Salisbury, Owner/Operator - Reliable Aftermarket Parts, Inc., Williamston, MI
- Todd Sachse, CEO - Sachse Construction, Detroit, MI
- Ramzi Hermiz. President/CEO - Shiloh Industries, Canton, MI
- Richard Penington, President/CEO - Summit Health, Inc., Novi, MI
- Kevin Choksi, CEO - WorkForce Software, Livonia, MI
- Eric Ersher, Founder/CEO - Zoup! Fresh Soup Company, Southfield, MI
Collectively, these companies have experienced average revenue growth of 12% during the past three years. They have also seen the number of people they employ rise by over 14% in the same period. The list of Michigan and Northwest Ohio judges and additional information about the program is available at ey.com/us/eoy/mnwo. Follow us on Twitter at @EOY_MNO14.
Now in its 28th year, the program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 145 cities in more than 60 countries throughout the world.
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year National Program. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year National Overall Award winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs, California, on November 15, 2014. The awards are the culminating event of the EY Strategic Growth Forum®, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies.
Founded and produced by EY, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are sponsored in the United States by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation and SAP America. In the Michigan and Northwest Ohio region, sponsors include: RBS Citizens Charter One, Foley & Lardner LLP, Tanner Friedman, Crain's Detroit Business, NewsTalk 760 WJR, New Paradigm Promotional Marketing Inc., and Grand Valley State University Seidman College of Business.
About EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global award of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 145 cities in more than 60 countries.
About EY’s Strategic Growth Markets
EY’s Strategic Growth Markets (SGM) practices guide leading high-growth companies. Our multidisciplinary teams of elite professionals provide perspective and advice to help our clients accelerate market leadership. SGM delivers assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services to thousands of companies spanning all industries. EY is the undisputed leader in taking companies public, advising key government agencies on the issues impacting high-growth companies and convening the experts who shape the business climate. For more information, please visit us at ey.com/us/strategicgrowthmarkets, or follow news on Twitter @EY_Growth.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization and may refer to one or more of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, an EY member firm serving clients in the US.