EY Announces EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2014 Award Semifinalists in Northern California
San Francisco, 4 April 2014
EY today announced semifinalists for the EY Entrepreneur Of The YearTM 2014 Award in the Northern California region. The awards program recognizes entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance, and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. These business leaders were selected as semifinalists from more than 100 nominations by a panel of independent judges. Award winners will be announced at a special gala event on June 10th at the Fairmont San Jose.
- Maury Blackman, President & CEO - Accela, San Ramon, CA
- Razor Suleman, Founder & Chief Evangelist - Achievers Corp., San Francisco, CA
- Rob Hull, Founder and President - Adaptive Insights, Palo Alto, CA
- Aaron Bell, CEO & Co-Founder - AdRoll, San Francisco, CA
- David Gorodyansky, CEO - AnchorFree, Mountain View, CA
- Chet Kapoor, CEO - Apigee, San Jose, CA
- Jyoti Bansal, Founder and CEO - AppDynamics, San Francisco, CA
- Talbott Roche, President - Blackhawk Network, Pleasanton, CA
- Fedele Bauccio, Co-Founder and CEO - Bon Appétit Management Company, Palo Alto, CA
- Gaurav Banga, CEO & Co-founder - Bromium, Cupertino, CA
- Thomas Siebel, Founder and CEO - C3 Energy, Redwood City, CA
- Justin Gagnon, CEO - Choice Foodservices Inc, San Ramon, CA
- Nat Kreamer, CEO and President - Clean Power Finance, San Francisco, CA
- Kristin Luck, President - Decipher, Fresno, CA
- Michael Fitzsimmons, CEO - Delivery Agent, San Francisco, CA
- Kamakshi Sivaramakrishnan, Founder & CEO - Drawbridge, Inc., San Mateo, CA
- Sig Anderman, Founder and CEO - Ellie Mae Inc., Pleasanton, CA
- James Herbert, Founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer - First Republic Bank, San Francisco, CA
- Paul Segre, CEO - Genesys, Daly City, CA
- Brad Hoover, CEO - Grammarly, San Francisco, CA
- Victoria Livschitz, Founder and Executive Chair - Grid Dynamics, Menlo Park, CA
- James White, CEO - Jamba Juice, Emeryville, CA
- Kevin Chou, Co-Founder & CEO - Kabam, Inc., San Francisco, CA
- Marcin Kleczynski, CEO - Malwarebytes, San Jose, CA
- David Hung, Founder, President and CEO - Medivation, San Francisco, CA
- Mary Kariotis, President / CEO - Merrimak Capital, Novato, CA
- Prem Chand, President and CEO - Milestone Technologies, Inc., Fremont, CA
- Greg Schott, President & CEO - MuleSoft, San Francisco, CA
- Tim Chen, CEO - NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA
- Niel Viljoen, CEO - Netronome, Santa Clara, CA
- Suresh Vasudevan, CEO - Nimble Storage, San Jose, CA
- Timothy Jahnigen, Founder and Chief Innovation Officer - One World Futbol Project, Berkeley, CA
- Lisa Tarver, Co-Founder and Chief Giving Officer - One World Futbol Project, Berkeley, CA
- Thomas Kandris, CEO and Managing Director - PackageOne, Inc., Sacramento, CA
- Sarvajna Dwivedi, Co-founder & Chief Scientific Officer - Pearl Therapeutics, Inc., Redwood City, CA
- Ken Kannappan, Director, President & Chief Executive Officer - Plantronics, Santa Cruz, CA
- Balu Balakrishnan, President and CEO - Power Integrations, Inc., San Jose, CA
- Raul Vazquez, Chief Executive Officer - Progreso Financiero, Menlo Park, CA
- Vladimir Shmunis, CEO & Founder - RingCentral, San Mateo, CA
- George John, CEO and co-founder - Rocket Fuel, Redwood City, CA
- Richard Frankel, President and co-founder - Rocket Fuel, Redwood City, CA
- Susan Griffin-Black, co-CEO and co-Founder - Small World Trading Company, San Rafael, CA
- Brad Black, co-CEO and co-Founder - Small World Trading Company, San Rafael, CA
- Amir Rubin, President & CEO - Stanford Hospital & Clinics, Stanford, CA
- Kieran Harty, Co-founder/Chief Technology Officer - Tintri, Mountain View, CA
- Pete Flint, CEO/Founder - Trulia, San Francisco, CA
- Brett Wilson, CEO & Co-founder - TubeMogul, Emeryville, CA
- Emil Kakkis, Chief Executive Officer and President - Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc., Novato, CA
- Joseph C. Nettemeyer, President and CEO - Valin Corporation, San Jose, CA
- Doug Brien, Co-Founder - Waypoint Homes, Oakland, CA
- Colin Wiel, Co-Founder - Waypoint Homes, Oakland, CA
- Joy Chen, CEO - Yes To, Inc., San Francisco, CA
- Tien Tzuo, Founder and CEO - Zuora, Foster City, CA
Now in its 28th year, the program has expanded to recognize business leaders in over 145 cities in 60 countries throughout the world.
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year national program. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the overall national EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Award winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs, California on November 15, 2014. The awards are the culminating event of the EY Strategic Growth Forum, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are sponsored in the United States by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation and SAP America.
In Northern California, sponsors include King & Spalding, RoseRyan, Scherzer International, Smart Business Network, Inc., SolomonEdwards, and The Big Picture.
About EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global award of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 150 cities in more than 60 countries.
About EY’s Strategic Growth Markets practice
EY’s Strategic Growth Markets (SGM) practices guide leading high-growth companies. Our multidisciplinary teams of elite professionals provide perspective and advice to help our clients accelerate market leadership. SGM delivers assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services to thousands of companies spanning all industries. EY is the undisputed leader in taking companies public, advising key government agencies on the issues impacting high-growth companies and convening the experts who shape the business climate. For more information, please visit us at ey.com/us/strategicgrowthmarkets, or follow news on Twitter @EY_Growth.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization and may refer to one or more of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, an EY member firm serving clients in the US. For more information, please visit ey.com.