EY announces finalists for EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2014 in Greater Los Angeles
Los Angeles, 12 May 2014
EY today announced the finalists for EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2014 in the Greater Los Angeles region. The awards program recognizes entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in areas such as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. These business leaders were selected as finalists by an independent panel of judges.
Collectively, these 24 finalist companies employ close to 11,000 people. On average, they have increased their workforce by more than 73% and have grown their revenues by 68% over the last two years. The average revenues earned by the finalist companies in the most recent fiscal year were $111 million.
Award recipients will be announced at a black-tie Awards Gala on Tuesday, June 17, 2014 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, CA. To find out more about the program, please visit: www.ey.com/us/eoy/greaterla.
The finalists are:
- David Allerby, Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer, Tyner Brenneman-Slay, Co-founder and Chief Operating Officer, and Ryan Iwamoto, Co-founder and Chief Marketing Officer – 24Hr HomeCare – El Segundo, CA
- Mitch Garber, CEO – Caesars Acquisition Company – Las Vegas, NV
- Steven Watts, President – CSI Electrical Contractors, Inc. – Santa Fe Springs, CA
- Jerry Azarkman, Co-Founder – Curacao – Los Angeles, CA
- Alex Kazerani, Chairman & CEO and James Segil, President – EdgeCast Networks – Santa Monica, CA
- Jamey Edwards, CEO – Emergent Medical Associates – Manhattan Beach, CA
- Jon Hirshberg, President & CEO – ENI-JR286, Inc. – Torrance, CA
- Karenjo Goodwin, Founder & CEO – Exact Staff Inc. – Woodland Hills, CA
- Robb Fujioka, President & Founder and Jim Mitchell, CEO – Fuhu, Inc. – El Segundo, CA
- Ophir Tanz, CEO – GumGum – Santa Monica, CA
- Jessica Alba, Founder, Christopher Gavigan, Founder and Chief Product Officer, Sean Kane, Co-Founder & Chief Operating Officer, and Brian Lee, Co-Founder and CEO – The Honest Company – Santa Monica, CA
- Joe Huber, CEO & CIO – Huber Capital Management – El Segundo, CA
- Peter Kim, Founder & CEO – Hudson Jeans – Commerce, CA
- Sandy Sigal, Founder & CEO – NewMark Merrill Companies – Woodland Hills, CA
- Eugene Kim, President & COO and Hayden Slater, Founder and CEO – Pressed Juicery – Santa Monica, CA
- Josef Gorowitz, CEO – Prodege, LLC / Swagbucks – El Segundo, CA
- Jeff Platt, CEO – Sky Zone – Los Angeles, CA
Ken McBride, Chairman & CEO – Stamps.com – El Segundo, CA
- Blaine Vess, Co-Founder and CEO – StudyMode – West Hollywood, CA
- Rami Rostami, Founder & CEO – Technocel – Simi Valley, CA
- David Dressler, Co-Founder & Owner, Matt Lyman, Co-Founder & Owner, and Erik Oberholtzer, Co-Founder & Owner – Tender Greens – Culver City, CA
- Jeff Green, CEO and co-founder – The Trade Desk, Inc. – Ventura, CA
- Scott Painter, Founder & CEO – TrueCar, Inc. – Santa Monica, CA
- Nick Hedges, CEO & President – Velocify – El Segundo, CA
Now in its 28th year, the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards Program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 145 cities in more than 60 countries throughout the world.
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year National Program. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year National Overall Award winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs, California, on November 15, 2014. The awards are the culminating event of the EY Strategic Growth Forum®, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies.
Founded and produced by EY, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are sponsored in the United States by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation and SAP America. In Greater Los Angeles, regional sponsors include Platinum sponsors: Marsh, Merrill DataSite, Scherzer International, Smart Business and Union Bank. Silver sponsors: Acacia Wealth Advisors, Ballard Spahr, The Big Picture, and Cresa.
About EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global award of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 145 cities in more than 60 countries.
About EY’s Strategic Growth Markets
EY’s Strategic Growth Markets (SGM) practices guide leading high-growth companies. Our multidisciplinary teams of elite professionals provide perspective and advice to help our clients accelerate market leadership. SGM delivers assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services to thousands of companies spanning all industries. EY is the undisputed leader in taking companies public, advising key government agencies on the issues impacting high-growth companies and convening the experts who shape the business climate. For more information, please visit us at ey.com/us/strategicgrowthmarkets, or follow news on Twitter @EY_Growth.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization and may refer to one or more of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, an EY member firm serving clients in the US.