EY Announces Finalists for EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2014 in Orange County
Irvine, 14 May 2014
EY today announced the finalists for EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2014 in the Orange County Region. The awards program recognizes entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. These business leaders were selected from nearly 80 nominations by a panel of independent judges. Award winners will be announced at a special gala on June 4, 2014 at The St. Regis Resort in Dana Point.
The finalists include 20 entrepreneurs, representing 18 companies, who will compete for six Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards. Finalists are:
- Maria Thompson, President & CEO – Agile Sourcing Partners, Corona
- Reza Jahangiri, CEO – American Advisors Group, Orange
- Jeffrey Frieden, CEO – Auction.com, Irvine
- Michael Burdiek, President & CEO – CalAmp Corp., Irvine
- Debra Miller, CEO/Founder – CureDuchenne, Newport Beach
- Jonathan Ord, CEO – DealerSocket, Inc., San Clemente
- Eve Yen, Founder/President – Diamond Wipes International, Inc., Chino
- John Jordan, CEO – DPI Specialty Foods, Ontario
- Mark Whitley, CEO – Easter Seals Southern California, Santa Ana
- Maynard Carkhuff, Chairman/CEO – Freedom Innovations, Irvine
- Michael Purcell, Founder/Chief Marketing Officer – Global Cash Card, Irvine
- Jeffery Hanson, Chairman/CEO – Griffin-American Healthcare REIT II, Inc., Irvine
- Vivian Clecak, Founding CEO – Human Options, Irvine
- Steve Schulze & Alexis Schulze, Co-founders – Nekter Juice Bar, Inc., Santa Ana
- Stephen Gordon, Founding Chairman/CEO/President – Opus Bank, Irvine
- Jerome Fink & David Kim, Co-founders/Managing Partners – The Bascom Group, LLC, Irvine
- Phu Hoang, CEO – Virtium Technology, Inc., Rancho Santa Margarita
- Phillip Chang, Founder/Chairman – Yogurtland, Irvine
Now in its 28th year, the program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 145 cities in more than 60 countries throughout the world.
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year National Program. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year National Overall Award winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs, California, on November 15, 2014. The awards are the culminating event of the EY Strategic Growth Forum®, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies.
Founded and produced by EY, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are sponsored in the United States by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation and SAP America. In Orange County, regional sponsors include Marsh Insurance, Union Bank, Stradling Yocca Carlson & Rauth, Cresa, Merrill DataSite, Scherzer Investigations, Smart Business magazine, and HKA, Inc. Marketing Communications.
About EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global award of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 145 cities in more than 60 countries.
About EY’s Strategic Growth Markets
EY’s Strategic Growth Markets (SGM) practices guide leading high-growth companies. Our multidisciplinary teams of elite professionals provide perspective and advice to help our clients accelerate market leadership. SGM delivers assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services to thousands of companies spanning all industries. EY is the undisputed leader in taking companies public, advising key government agencies on the issues impacting high-growth companies and convening the experts who shape the business climate. For more information, please visit us at ey.com/us/strategicgrowthmarkets, or follow news on Twitter @EY_Growth.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization and may refer to one or more of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, an EY member firm serving clients in the US.