EY announces Finalists for EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2014 in the Pacific Northwest
Seattle, 5 May 2014
EY today announced the Finalists for EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2014 in the Pacific Northwest. The awards program recognizes entrepreneurial leaders who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. Award winners will be announced at a special gala on June 20, 2014 at the Hyatt Regency Bellevue, Bellevue, Washington.
The finalists are:
- Majdi Daher and Mohamad Daher, 3MD dba Denali Advanced Integration, Redmond, Washington
- Ryo Kubota, MD, PhD, Acucela, Seattle, Washington
- Joseph Micallef, Allegro Corporation, Portland, Oregon
- Ben Billups, Billups Worldwide, Lake Oswego, Oregon
- Heather Franklin, Blaze Bioscience, Seattle, Washington
- Leslie Freytag, butter LONDON, Seattle, Washington
- Forest Key, buuteeq, Seattle, Washington
- Kathleen Myers, MD, Essia Health, Portland, Oregon
- Josh Neblett, etailz, Spokane, Washington
- Raja Mukerji and Jesse Rothstein, ExtraHop Networks, Seattle, Washington
- Dan Price, Gravity Payments, Seattle, Washington
- Kyle Stavig, Myers Container, Portland, Oregon
- Matt Ehrlichman, Porch, Seattle, Washington
- Luke Kanies, Puppet Labs, Portland, Oregon
- Glenn Kelman, Redfin, Seattle, Washington
- Aaron Easterly, Rover.com, Seattle, Washington
- Mark Zoske, SaltWorks, Inc., Woodinville, Washington
- Monty Montoya, SightLife, Seattle, Washington
- Kevin Klock, TalkingRain, Preston, Washington
- Joe Whinney, Theo Chocolate, Seattle, Washington
- Darrell Cavens, zulily, Seattle, Washington
Now in its 28th year, the program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 145 cities in more than 60 countries throughout the world.
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year National Program. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year National Overall Award winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs, California, on November 15, 2014. The awards are the culminating event of the EY Strategic Growth Forum®, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are sponsored in the United States by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation and SAP America.
In the Pacific Northwest, regional sponsors include Merrill Corporation, Perkins Coie LLC, Scherzer International, The Big Picture Video Film & Arts, Puget Sound Business Journal and Union Bank.
About EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global award of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 145 cities in more than 60 countries.
About EY’s Strategic Growth Markets
EY’s Strategic Growth Markets (SGM) practices guide leading high-growth companies. Our multidisciplinary teams of elite professionals provide perspective and advice to help our clients accelerate market leadership. SGM delivers assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services to thousands of companies spanning all industries. EY is the undisputed leader in taking companies public, advising key government agencies on the issues impacting high-growth companies and convening the experts who shape the business climate. For more information, please visit us at ey.com/us/strategicgrowthmarkets, or follow news on Twitter @EY_Growth.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization and may refer to one or more of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, an EY member firm serving clients in the US.