EY Announces Finalists for 2013 Entrepreneur Of The Year® Awards in San Diego
San Diego, 13 May 2013
Ernst & Young LLP today announced 16 finalists for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2013 Award in San Diego. The awards program recognizes high-growth entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. These finalists were selected from nearly 60 nominations by a panel of independent judges. Award winners will be announced at a special awards gala on Thursday, June 13, at The Hyatt Regency Aventine in La Jolla, CA. The 2013 finalists are:
- Adconion Direct, San Diego – Kim Reed Perell, CEO
- Behind the Scenes Catering & Events, San Diego – John Crisafulli, President
- Cadence Pharmaceuticals, San Diego – Theodore Schroeder, President & CEO
- ecoATM, San Diego – Tom Tullie, CEO & Chairman of the Board
- Elite, San Diego – John Kontopuls, President & CEO
- Genomatica, San Diego – Christophe Schilling, CEO & Co-Founder
- Halozyme Therapeutics, San Diego – Gregory Frost, President & CEO
- Independa, Inc., La Jolla – Kian Saneii, CEO
- LifeProof, San Diego – Gary Rayner, CEO
- MedVantx, San Diego – Robert Feeney, CEO & Founder
- Peregrine Semiconductor Corp., San Diego – James Cable, CEO
- Santarus, Inc., San Diego – Gerald Proehl, President & CEO
- Sempra U.S. Gas & Power, San Diego – Jeff Martin, President & CEO
- SkinMedica, Carlsbad – Mary Fisher, CEO
- Sullivan Solar Power, San Diego – Daniel Sullivan, President
- The Wheat Group Inc., San Diego – Kelly Grismer, President and Chad Grismer, CEO
Now in its 27th year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program has expanded globally to recognize company builders in over 140 cities and in more than 50 countries throughout the world. Regional award winners go on to compete at the national level. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the National EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall Award winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs, Calif., on Nov. 16, 2013. The awards are the culminating event of the EY Strategic Growth Forum®, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored by SAP America and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation. In San Diego, local sponsors include: Marsh Insurance, Union Bank, Cox Business, The Daily Transcript, and Scherzer.
About EY’s Entrepreneur Of The Year®
EY’s Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award recognizes the significant contributions of entrepreneurs who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement.
About Ernst & Young LLP’s Strategic Growth Markets practice
Ernst & Young LLP’s Strategic Growth Markets (SGM) practice guides leading high-growth companies. Our multidisciplinary team of elite professionals provides perspective and advice to help our clients accelerate market leadership. SGM delivers assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services to thousands of companies spanning all industries. EY is the undisputed leader in taking companies public, advising key government agencies on the issues impacting high-growth companies and convening the experts who shape the business climate. For more information, please visit us at ey.com/us/strategicgrowthmarkets, or follow news on Twitter at EY_Growth.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 167,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential. For more information, please visit ey.com.
EY refers to the global organization of member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, a client-serving member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited operating in the US.