EY announces Entrepreneur Of The Year® semifinalists in Pacific Northwest
Seattle, Washington, 8 April 2013
Ernst & Young LLP today announced the semifinalists for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2013 Award in the Pacific Northwest. The awards program recognizes high-growth entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. These semi-finalists were selected by a panel of independent judges. Award winners will be announced at a special gala event on June 7, 2013 at the Hyatt Regency Bellevue.
The semifinalists are:
- Scott Demorest, David Kelleher, and Peter Lizotte, ACME Business Consulting, Portland, Oregon
- Ryo Kubota M.D., Ph.D., Acucela Inc., Seattle, Washington
- Brandon Dawson, Audigy Group, LLC, Vancouver, Washington
- Scott McFarlane, Avalara, Bainbridge Island, Washington
- Ben Billups, Billups Worldwide, Oregon City, Oregon
- Ron Henry, Black Rapid, Inc., Seattle, Washington
- Jesse Proudman, Blue Box Group Inc., Seattle, Washington
- Kevin Conroy, Blue Rooster, Inc., Seattle, Washington
- Anne-Marie Faiola, Bramble Berry Inc., Bellingham, Washington
- Craig Bramscher, Brammo, Inc., Ashland, Oregon
- Jim Weber, Brooks Sports, Inc., Bothell, Washington
- Jay Haladay, Coaxis, Inc., Portland, Oregon
- Gary Fish, Deschutes Brewery, Bend, Oregon
- Chris Barrow, EagleView Technologies, Bothell, Washington
- Steve Larson, Eid Passport, Hillsboro, Oregon
- Sam Blackman, Elemental Technologies, Portland, Oregon
- Dara Khosrowshahi, Expedia, Inc., Bellevue, Washington
- Mark Mason, HomeStreet, Inc., Seattle, Washington
- Sree Balaji, iLink Systems, Inc, Redmond, Washington
- Greg Pierson, iovation, Portland, Oregon
- John Howie, John Howie Restaurants, Bellevue, Washington
- Tom Alberg, Paul Goodrich, Gerald Grinstein, William Ruckelshaus, Madrona Venture Group, Seattle, Washington
- Kyle Stavig, Myers Container, Portland, Oregon
- Beau Fessenden, Natural Molecular Testing Corp., Renton, Washington
- Rand Fishkin, SEOmoz, Seattle, Washington
- Greg Seibly, Sterling Bank, Spokane, Washington
- Kurt Dammeier, Sugar Mountain, Seattle, Washington
- Kevin Klock, TalkingRain, Preston, Washington
- Kelly Dachtler, The Clymb, Portland, Oregon
- Darryl Rawlings, Trupanion, Seattle, Washington
- Spencer Rascoff, Zillow, Inc., Seattle, Washington
Now in its 27th year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program has expanded globally to recognize company builders in over 140 cities and in more than 50 countries throughout the world.
Regional award winners go on to compete at the national level. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the National EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall Award winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs, California, on November 16, 2013. The awards are the culminating event of the EY Strategic Growth Forum®, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored by SAP America and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.
In the Pacific Northwest, regional sponsors include Merrill Corporation, Perkins Coie LLC, Scherzer International, Steelcase, The Big Picture Video Film & Arts, and Union Bank.
About EY’s Entrepreneur Of The Year®
EY’s Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award recognizes the significant contributions of entrepreneurs who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement.
About Ernst & Young LLP’s Strategic Growth Markets practice
Ernst & Young LLP’s Strategic Growth Markets (SGM) practice guides leading high-growth companies. Our multidisciplinary team of elite professionals provides perspective and advice to help our clients accelerate market leadership. SGM delivers assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services to thousands of companies spanning all industries. EY is the undisputed leader in taking companies public, advising key government agencies on the issues impacting high-growth companies and convening the experts who shape the business climate. For more information, please visit us at ey.com/us/strategicgrowthmarkets, or follow news on Twitter at EY_Growth.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 167,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential.
For more information, please visit ey.com.
EY refers to the global organization of member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, a client-serving member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited operating in the US.