EY announces semifinalists for the Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2012 Award in San Diego
La Jolla, CA, April 10 2012 – Ernst & Young LLP today announced the 27 semifinalists for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2012 Award in the San Diego. The awards program recognizes entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. These business leaders were selected from nearly 80 nominations by a panel of independent judges. Award winners will be announced at a special gala on June 13, 2012 at the Hyatt Regency Aventine in La Jolla, CA.
The semifinalists are:
- Altegris Investments, Inc. - Jon Sundt, CEO
- AMN Healthcare - Susan Salka, CEO & President
- Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. - Daniel Bradbury, President and CEO
- BioLegend - Gene Lay, Founder and CEO
- Business.com Media - Ryan Peddycord, CEO
- Cadence Pharmaceuticals, Inc. - Theodore Schroeder, President & CEO
- D&K Engineering - Scott Dennis, CEO & Alex Kunczynski, President
- EA Health Corp. - Arthur Gruen, CEO
- Emerald Textiles - Tom Gildred, CEO
- GTC Systems Inc. - Keith Esshaki, CEO
- Halozyme Therapeutics - Gregory Frost, President & CEO
- Integral Senior Living - Sue Farrow, Executive Chairman
- Legend 3D - Barry Sandrew, Founder, President, CCO and CTO
- LifeProof - Gary Rayner, CEO
- MedVantx - Robert Feeney, Founder and CEO
- Novatel Wireless - Peter Leparulo, CEO and Chairman
- Optimer Pharmaceuticals - Pedro Lichtinger, President & CEO
- Palomar Technologies, Inc. - Bruce Hueners, CEO & President
- Pfenex Inc. - Bertrand Liang, CEO
- Pierce Education Properties, L.P. - Frederick Pierce, President & CEO
- Red Door Interactive - Reid Carr, President and CEO
- Skinit, Inc. - Darrin Hegemier, Chief Strategy Officer
- Sullivan Solar Power - Daniel Sullivan, President
- The Active Network - Dave Alberga, CEO & Matt Landa, President
- The Wheat Group Inc. - Kelly Grismer, President
- Trius Therapeutics - Jeffrey Stein, President & CEO
- Underground Elephant - Jason Kulpa, CEO
Now in its 26th year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries throughout the world.
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration for the EY National Entrepreneur Of The Year Program. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the EY National Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall Award winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs, California, on November 17, 2012. The awards are the culminating event of the EY Strategic Growth Forum, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored in the United States by SAP America and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation. In San Diego, sponsors include: Marsh, Union Bank, ADP, Cox Business, Scherzer, The Daily Transcript, and Citrus PR.
About EY Entrepreneur Of The Year®
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential, and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global award of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 152,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential.
EY refers to the global organization of member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit www.ey.com.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, a US client-serving member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited.